What's new

Frozen 3D Bungle?! (1 Viewer)

Mau5Trap98

Auditioning
Real Name
Caleb Plumb
I am thinking that it is unlike Disney to back out from getting more money, so they might release it how it is now and then a few weeks/months later release the 3D Blu-ray so chumps I will give them even more money.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Mau5Trap98 said:
I am thinking that it is unlike Disney to back out from getting more money, so they might release it how it is now and then a few weeks/months later release the 3D Blu-ray so chumps I will give them even more money.
It's always "greed", isn't it? That's what it ALWAYS comes down to, the one most believable theory to explain anything Disney does when other explanations aren't forthcoming, isn't it?
Let's put logical arguments aside, and just embrace the subjective abstract variable of "I didn't trust 'em then, and I don't trust 'em now!"
So....that's all you've got, then, in favor of any other theory explaining no release or a months-delayed release, thinking that They're Out To Shake Your Pockets Down? :rolleyes:

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
HAHA! I'm one of those completist kind of people. It's really no shock what I will order...but I always hold the new release in the Cinderella II/III light. They never seem so bad after that!

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Jason_V said:
HAHA! I'm one of those completist kind of people. It's really no shock what I will order...but I always hold the new release in the Cinderella II/III light. They never seem so bad after that!
Don't forget Superman III/IV

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Ejanss said:
It's always "greed", isn't it? That's what it ALWAYS comes down to, the one most believable theory to explain anything Disney does when other explanations aren't forthcoming, isn't it?
Let's put logical arguments aside, and just embrace the subjective abstract variable of "I didn't trust 'em then, and I don't trust 'em now!"
So....that's all you've got, then, in favor of any other theory explaining no release or a months-delayed release, thinking that They're Out To Shake Your Pockets Down? :rolleyes:
10 years of Eisner without Katzenberg and Wells will do that to you.

There's also a third possibility...that they're just plain misguided. No sinister agenda behind the scenes, just a series of bad decisions of which this is one.

Mau5Trap98

Auditioning
Real Name
Caleb Plumb
When I contacted Disney and they finally responded they just sent me a link to fill out a form I already had so I got nowhere with them

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Todd Erwin said:
Darn--If It HAD been canceled, that would've cemented "Disney had to change disk-production companies at the last minute" as the prevailing theory.
As it is, it was just an Amazon glitch over cover/listings...Nothing to see here.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Jason_V said:
It's bad, Johnny. I'm trying to stop...but I need a support group or something!
You think you've got it bad? I'm no completist (you couldn't pay me to own the DTV sequels and where live-action is concerned, even I must draw the line somewhere), but I've been trying hard to get down to one copy per movie of everything, Disney or otherwise. It's hard when extras keep getting dumped with nothing of equal or greater quality replacing them. I'll join you in your support group.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Jason_V said:
It's bad, Johnny. I'm trying to stop...but I need a support group or something!
When you get in that support group you will have to acknowledge a higher power: The Studio Home Entertainment Divisions. :)

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Ejanss said:
Darn--If It HAD been canceled, that would've cemented "Disney had to change disk-production companies at the last minute" as the prevailing theory.
As it is, it was just an Amazon glitch over cover/listings...Nothing to see here.
Actually, my Amazon pre-order was cancelled. Here is a portion of the email I received this morning...
Hello,

We're writing about order #113-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX. We recently learned that Saving Mr. Banks [Blu-ray] is no longer available from our supplier. As a result, we canceled this item from your order, and you haven't been charged. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.
It appears Disney has reconfigured the package. My cancelled pre-order was for a Blu-ray / DVD combo-pack. The DVD is gone from the new version and is replaced by a digital copy, and I don't recall for certain, but I think the new list price is slightly higher than the old pre-order. Amazon did include a $6.40 promotional credit to apply towards the new version, but since my other pre-order was locked in at $14.49, I spoke with customer service in order to secure the new one at the previous price.

It's not a big deal, really, thanks to Amazon's stellar customer service, but it does reinforce to me that Disney is definitely testing the waters with new price points and package contents. BTW, Amazon is now listing a pre-order for the DVD version for $20.99 (MSRP $29.99). A $30 DVD in 2014?? Yikes! That's scary!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks