What's new

front channel recommended crossover frequency (1 Viewer)

nystad

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jon
Wondering if someone could answer a question related to calibration.

7.2 theater setup running off Denon AVR 331CI receiver
The front speakers are Pinnacle bookshelves BD650 Series II. Wondering what the optimum crossover
frequency would be for these? Or is this a question that cannot be answered w/o calibrating, etc. I did use
the Odyssey calibration setup which automatically set each front, but I just don't think it sounds optimal and so
I manually just have both at 120 hz. Seems to sound better but I'm sure there is much more precision needed here.
The center pinnacle (BD300 Series II) is also set manually at 120. I'm pretty sure all the other setting are correct
in terms of size, etc. for each speaker.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
I also agree the BD650's should definitely be near 80. But one (bad) reason to have them set high is if that Denon doesn't support different crossover levels for the different channels, AND you have much less capable surrounds. Then setting the crossover lower might be taxing the surrounds and making everything sound worse. If that is the case, the right answer is to get better surrounds.

anthony_b

Screenwriter
Look at your speaker specs and see how low they can go, that will determine your starting point and then you can adjust it to where it sounds good to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks