What's new

From Warner Brothers: Thundercats Season One Disc Replacement Notice (1 Viewer)

Eric DiPiazza

Stunt Coordinator
So I guess that the fixed sets are not even close to being in stores then if you guys have not even gotten your replacements yet! Damn.

Kris_AB

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kris
There likely won't be fixed sets until the current stock sells out. Even then, I doubt Warner will change the packaging in any significant way to let you differentiate between the new and old, so you'll probably be taking a risk buying them no matter what.

Kris_AB

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kris
I called the number today. Here's the situation:

The company that Warner Home Video has contracted out to take the calls and do the mailing is waiting on word from Warner on what to do next. They actually might just go ahead and send the replacement disc in the envelope without us having to send our defective copies of Disc 1 to them first. :emoji_thumbsup:

That'd be nice. One less step for us (maybe), plus we might all end up having an extra Disc 1.

If anyone who hasn't bought the sets finds out about this, can't you see them totally abusing it to get a free Thundercats disc? :D

The lady on the phone said just wait about another week. Then I guess you'll either find in your mail a Warner-addressed stamped envelope to send the Disc 1 back to them, or they'll have sent the replacement Disc 1 and everything'll be kosher between customer and studio.

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
I hope they just send the disc, I am a bit hesistant of sending out my Thundercats Disc 1 after this long delay.

Paul

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

I know other mail-in replacements have started off doing that and then they've had to change the replacement offer so you have to send in for it when people decide to rip them off.

I guess when they get 30,000 requests for replacements but only sold 20,000 copies in the first place, they thought something was up. :)

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
Whart is the number? Everytime I click on the Notice Regarding Thundercats Season 1 Volume 1 I get a newsstory about Flintstones Season 3

Joe:C

Second Unit
1-800-553-6937

When you follow the link you have to click the little news blurb on the right.

Kris_AB

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kris
Got mine today! Took 'em three, almost four months to figure out how they wanted to do it and then mail the discs out, but yay Warner Brothers!

Oh and nice try. They included a little note saying that they'd appreciate the mistake disc being mailed back. If they really wanted the defective copy though, they should've sent a postage-paid envelope like they said they would back in August. I did receive a self-addressed CD-sized envelope along with my replacement, but if they're not gonna pay the postage, then I guess I'll keep it. Give the defective copy to my little cousin or something, he won't care that the second episode has no music track.

Anyway, I'm happy. I guess I'll buy Season 1 Part 2 after all. I know that set just came out this week (alongside another animation great--Gargoyles Season 2 Part 1), but has anyone gone through it completely? I need confirmation that there're no defects on that one before I part with my cash.

Adam_G

Grip
Well hopefully I'm still getting mine, I'll give them a call on Monday if I don't get it and see if it's even on the way, the person I talked to on the phone way back in August didn't sound like she knew what she was doing, she didn't know what a postal code was and (surprise surprise) she was foreign :P

Kris_AB

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kris
Has anyone bought the most recent set (Season 1 Part 2) and watched all of it? I'd like to know whether or not there're any errors before I chance it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks