What's new

Fringe Season 4 (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Anyone know how they're airing this season? I'm guessing it will it be 6 or 7 episodes in the fall and the last 6 or 7 episodes in January and February but has anyone read anything from Fox or the producers?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
TravisR said:
Anyone know how they're airing this season? I'm guessing it will it be 6 or 7 episodes in the fall and the last 6 or 7 episodes in January and February but has anyone read anything from Fox or the producers?
The fifth season premieres September 28th. My understanding is that it's running in one straight shot every Friday from the 28th through December 21st, and Fox will air something else in the time slot in the spring.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Adam Lenhardt said:
The fifth season premieres September 28th. My understanding is that it's running in one straight shot every Friday from the 28th through December 21st, and Fox will air something else in the time slot in the spring.
That was the original intent. Now with the recent two week shutdown due to a sleeping disorder John Noble was suffering from the last few episodes may air in January.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Lou Sytsma said:
That was the original intent. Now with the recent two week shutdown due to a sleeping disorder John Noble was suffering from the last few episodes may air in January.
Interesting! Fox has confirmed the premiere date would remain the same, so I'd assumed that the effects on the production schedule had been minimal. Looks like that's not the case. Glad that John Noble's in a healthier place now, though.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Same here. Apparently Noble has a chronic sleeping issue - I assume its apnea related as he mentioned having to wear a mask - and he flew to SDCC, back home, and then to Vancouver in a short time span and totally mucked up his circadian rhythm.
As to the schedule, there have been conflicting reports as to when the finale will air. I am torn myself. While I like the idea of a straight run, having an episode of new Fringe in 2014 appeals to me too.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
With only 12 episodes to conclude I anticipate this season of Fringe is going to be one of its best - no time for filler stuff here :)
Relieved they have the chance to conclude it properly at the very least - was quite concenrned last season.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by Simon Massey /t/315036/fringe-season-4/180#post_3965145
With only 12 episodes to conclude I anticipate this season of Fringe is going to be one of its best - no time for filler stuff here
Relieved they have the chance to conclude it properly at the very least - was quite concenrned last season.

I thought it was 13 episodes to conclude the run.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Yes, the final season will be 13 episodes.
The last 3 episodes will be a three parter.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Joel Wyman was on twitter today - he usually surfaces on a Friday - and posted a couple of S5 pics:
1) Peter and Olivia - https://twitter.com/JWFRINGE/status/239012266413019136/photo/1/large
Olivia is looking good in a leather jacket. They both seem to be missing the same piece of jewelery.
2) Etta - https://twitter.com/JWFRINGE/status/239020224161148928/photo/1/large
Georgina Haig seems like a real find for the show last season. Expecting her to go on to big things.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the pics!
Lou Sytsma said:
Georgina Haig seems like a real find for the show last season. Expecting her to go on to big things.
I completely agree. She's one of the big reasons I'm so excited about the time jump. I definitely see bits of Joshua Jackson and a whole lot of Anna Torv in her; so glad it's not one of those child castings where the kid looks nothing like either TV parent.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks