What's new

Fringe - Season 2 (2 Viewers)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I was a fan of Anna's back when she was being dogged in the season 1 thread. She isn't all flashy on the show, but sometimes that works, too.

Really creepy when Manbearpig attacked Liv in the cellar/boarded room. Too bad CMS bought it, though. I'd rather have seen him added to the regular cast than the new agent. Not as Small Town Sheriff, of course.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Jeremiah

The Charlie swap was pretty stupid, why in the hell was there 3 people after the transformation? Bad Charlie, dead Charlie, and dead nurse? Uh, it should just be 2 people, but oh well.

I liked Charlie, too bad he is pretty much done.
That was confusing. We thought we saw Charlie standing over the body of the dead "bad" nurse. I guess the transforming agent killed Charlie, took his appearance, hid his body and retrieved the actual nurse's body to put on the floor. It seemed that too little time passed for that to have happened.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I thought I and the unknown kid who taught me were the only ones who used the bunny ears method!

It's still funny every time working on something gory makes Walter hungry.

We haven't seen much of the new agent since the season premiere. One brief appearance last week, none this. They should rather increase the screentime for Astrid as they did this week than try to add someone new. Give her more to do.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
I'm digging the new take charge Peter. Its great to see the team seeking out leads instead of waiting for new cases to come to them. I'm hooked based on two storylines - the reveal about Peter at the end of Season 1 and the appearance of William Bell. Slowly but surely the main 3 characters are becoming fleshed out and a family of sorts. I am hopeful this trend continues.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Great episode tonight. It was refreshing to see the characters talk so openly about what is going on (the shapeshifting, the coming war between the two worlds, et cetera). A lot of answers were given.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Ripped from the headlines! The only things missing were microphones and a tuna can.

It took six shots to kill the first mercury mud monster, but only four to kill psuedoCharlie. Logical inconsistency? Nah. The head shot is what finally put 'em both down. No telling if either one likes cheese. Gotta love sci-fi.

Glowing Peter. Eerie. And, no, that's not a Skin Deep reference.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H

Glowing Peter. Eerie. And, no, that's not a Skin Deep reference.
I just assumed it was another reference to Peter being from the other side, after being stolen by Walter.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Originally Posted by Josh Dial

I just assumed it was another reference to Peter being from the other side, after being stolen by Walter.
Yeah. I think that's exactly what it was.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Sorry, I was joking about an old movie. Yes, it was certainly a reference to Peter being from the other side. With the music, it was a grim reminder of what happened and what Peter doesn't know. And, now Rebecca knows.

AlexSchwarz

Stunt Coordinator
I was a bit behind so forgive me this delayed comment on the second episode of the second season, "Night of Desirable Objects": I was wondering if anyone would agree that this was one of the scariest TV episodes of the past decade? Just.... wow!

Excellent sophmore season so far, by the way (I caught up by now).

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Another stand alone episode but this I found this one quite captivating. The subtext of a father telling a life long lie to their son was a very effective foreshadowing nod of what is going to come and pass between Peter and Walter. Walter's plea that he can't lose Peter again in front of Olivia was nicely underplayed.

Craig P

Stunt Coordinator
Originally Posted by Lou Sytsma

Another stand alone episode but this I found this one quite captivating. The subtext of a father telling a life long lie to their son was a very effective foreshadowing nod of what is going to come and pass between Peter and Walter. Walter's plea that he can't lose Peter again in front of Olivia was nicely underplayed.
I wouldn't say it's entirely standalone. Note the big twist at the end where it becomes apparent that the entire story about the boy's life is a lie, and Nina and Massive Dynamic are wrapped up in it.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
That punk kid was annoying. Then it turns out there are five of them? I'm hoping we don't see him again.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Originally Posted by Cameron Yee

That punk kid was annoying. Then it turns out there are five of them? I'm hoping we don't see him again.

Well, the five would have been raised in different places by different families under differfent circmstances, and the rest of them presumably haven't discovered any part of the truth about themselves (which is why the "punk kid" was so angry at his daddy), so there's no reason to think they'd be anything like him. There aren't five of him, there are five clones with the same potentional for mind control. Clones would be nothing more than artificially created twins, and twins aren't the same person with the same personality, despite their identical DNA. I'm quite confident that we'll see one of his siblings at some point down the road.

P.S.

I love how everyone "knows" which episodes are and aren't arc episodes on first viewing. You know what? If we hear more about the Soviet's old fringe science program, that "standalone" story about the Shadow would have BEEN an arc episode all along. Ditto the mind control kid.

Regards,

Joe

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Yeah, that all makes sense. As you can see, when I'm annoyed I get irrational. :)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
I love how everyone "knows" which episodes are and aren't arc episodes on first viewing. You know what? If we hear more about the Soviet's old fringe science program, that "standalone" story about the Shadow would have BEEN an arc episode all along. Ditto the mind control kid.
You could very well be right down the road but my money stays on the last two being stand alones. The Shadow more than the mind control one.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I suppose there is away to explain away why the Observer can catch bullets but isn't otherwise bulletproof. But...

How did they record him catching the bullet? A bullet flies too fast to be recorded on a single frame of video. Even at 60fps, you ain't gettin' a bullet on tape much less be able to follow it frame by frame.

Reminds me of a Smallville episode where Clark runs through a lobby in superspeed, so fast that he cannot be seen by the human eye. Lex slows down the surveillance camera until he's able to freeze frame on Clark's face. What was this camera recording at -- 6000 fps? BTW, the Smallville writers had so many problems comprehending basic science and physics that I had to quit watching. That, plus it totally sucked.

On to the shew...

The Observers remind me of The Watchers from Marvel comics, both in appearance (their hairless heads) and in that they aren't supposed to interfere with humanity, but like Uatu (who assisted Reed Richards in defeating Galactus), this Observer was unable to stay uninvolved. Another tip of the hat to the aliens from Roswell for their love of hot sauce and the ability to kickstart electronics by touching them. And was it me or did the other Observer sound like George from Alienation?

I find myself continuing to watch this show just for Peter and Walter. Perhaps the mythology will get more interesting soon. Dunham is a snoozer. I can think of a dozen actresses that could have taken Torv's role and actually injected some charisma into it. At certain angles, her light colored eyebrows accentuate her prominent brow ridge and it makes her look like a cavewoman.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks