What's new

Fringe - Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Just a reminder that the first episode of Season two is scheduled to be aired Thursday, Sept 17th at 9pm EDT on Fox...

Jay

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Good first episode for season 2. It did a good job catching up new viewers (through the well-placed expostion between Peter and the new FBI agent, and also setting the stage for at least one of the new story arcs: Olivia's memory.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
the sound was just too quiet to hear anything without cranking the volume

and I don't have any memory of them ever being called "The Fringe Unit."

Spero D

Second Unit
Good ep. But after Charlie gave that heartfelt speech in the hospital I knew what was coming. Hope Kirk stays around though.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I was pretty dissappointed. And the end made me laugh with the Mcguffin.. oh, they want to shut us down.. without proof. Ok, take them this small black box, and tell them it's a mysterious people converter.. now, it doesn't work, it's broken, and we don't know if it will ever work.. but if it does, tell them they can have it.. and that will get us back in all our funding!

And if Fringe "division" was shut down, what was with the other FBI agent still with Walter in his lab making cake? I figured she'd be re-assigned if they were shut down... or at least she'd be told she was about to be re-assigned.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
I disliked the whole "Fringe division" shutdown just because it's a hackneyed play. We all know it won't be...lame. And, calling it the 'fringe division' is lame too.

Additionally, how on earth do they not suspect that Charlie is the doppleganger? All the crap they've seen and been through and that isn't an immediate suspicion? They can't ask to see his palate? Pretty weak.

I could also do without another attractive female agent...

But, I still enjoyed a lot of what happened here. The typewriter room was fun, the car accident was great, Colonel Broyles was great, and it's just fun to have the show back.

Who else here thinks that the 'hidden' thing Olivia must find is actually Peter himself. Since he is from the other side (so we all assume), he is certainly hidden here.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I knew as soon as they introduced the new female agent that someone was going to be gone. I like Kirk's character and am not happy they killed him off. And where the hell were all the other agents at the end. The only ones to get down there were Peter, the new girl and Kirk. Plus he got offed and switched way to quick.

I did like the Senators comment during the committee meeting about the Fringe and "X" division. I was waiting for cigarette smoking man.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
The Charlie swap was pretty stupid, why in the hell was there 3 people after the transformation? Bad Charlie, dead Charlie, and dead nurse? Uh, it should just be 2 people, but oh well.

I liked Charlie, too bad he is pretty much done.

While what Peter told Daniels was very vague, they should be able to take the device apart and see that it is advanced, but that sure wouldn't happen in the next 15 minutes while Daniels speaks infront of the commitee.

Glad it's back but it had a lot of holes. Glad they don't bother me.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I think the female agent is just another way of bringing another beautiful woman on the show for ratings..Not that their is anything wrong with hot chicks. This just seemed too convenient and predicatable.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Cameron Yee

Tonight's episode definitely reminded me of X-Files.
Me too and I mean that in a good way. I was somewhat indifferent to the premiere but I really like this show when they hunt a new monster/virus/whatever each week.

Oddly enough, the monster was located in the town that I live in. I wish the town was as rural and bucolic as shown so I could drive places without sitting in traffic forever and not see new housing developments built on every scrap on open land. Also, I wish American Graffiti's Toad was the sheriff here too.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I don't know, we're drifting (IMHO), and it is starting to mirror to me the worst episodes of "Alias" (regarding artifacts and strange science and a woman as the prophetic carrier who has the message)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yeah, I find myself not really caring about the central story/mythology. The best parts of last night's episode were the "monster of the week" bits. It reminded me a bit of the book "Still Life With Crows" by Douglas Preston/Lincoln Child.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
AnnaTorvFringeEmmyDress.jpg

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I know I'm going to be needled for this, but I thought her hairstyle (or lack thereof) was pretty lazy.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
You looked at that picture and focused on her hairstyle?

I liked the episode, too. At its best this show is the series The X-Files wanted to be, and sometimes was in the first couple of seasons. (Minus any kind of coherent and planned mythology.) I think the stand-alone episodes balance the mythology eps nicely, and I care about both. I also like that they're upgrading the team's assets and making them more self-contained and mobile. (The reference to the C-130 promises better things to come, as does finally arranging some normal housing for Walter and Peter. It sounds like the near cut-off of funding and Peter's 11th hour save were more than just a cliche plot (seen previously on Quantum Leap and Stargate SG-1 and before that going back to The Time Tunnel, IIRC) but rather the catalyst for the Fringe group getting more respect (and funding.) Oh, and put me down as someone who liked the X-Files namecheck from last week.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.

Regards,

Joe

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Well it was not the first thing I noticed but if we are talking total package (hair, makeup, clothes) it comes up short. I recognize the rather narrow purpose for which it was posted though. :)

Originally Posted by Joseph DeMartino

I liked the episode, too. At its best this show is the series The X-Files wanted to be, and sometimes was in the first couple of seasons. (Minus any kind of coherent and planned mythology.) I think the stand-alone episodes balance the mythology eps nicely, and I care about both. I also like that they're upgrading the team's assets and making them more self-contained and mobile. (The reference to the C-130 promises better things to come, as does finally arranging some normal housing for Walter and Peter. It sounds like the near cut-off of funding and Peter's 11th hour save were more than just a cliche plot (seen previously on Quantum Leap and Stargate SG-1 and before that going back to The Time Tunnel, IIRC) but rather the catalyst for the Fringe group getting more respect (and funding.) Oh, and put me down as someone who liked the X-Files namecheck from last week.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.

Regards,

Joe
/forum/thread/293060/fringe-season-2#post_3610814

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks