What's new

Friends - The Complete Seventh Season - Details. (1 Viewer)

Herb Kane

Screenwriter
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
PRESS RELEASE ATTACHED

JUST IN TIME FOR THE SERIES FINALE

WARNER HOME VIDEO WILL RELEASE

FRIENDS: THE COMPLETE SEVENTH SEASON

The Complete Seventh Season of America's #1 Rated Comedy Series and Emmy® Award Winner Arrives April 6, 2004

DVD set streets weeks before the biggest television event of the year - the show's series finale!

BURBANK, CA (January 14, 2004) - Warner Home Video will release Friends: The Complete Seventh Season on DVD April 6, 2004, just weeks before the series finale. The four-disc deluxe collector's set will be priced at $44.98 SRP.

Season Seven of Friends picks up after Monica and Chandler get engaged and follows them throughout the entire season, delivering loads of laughs as they prepare for the biggest event of their lives - their wedding day. With many subplots ranging from Monica meeting Chandler's dad to the search for a cheap wedding dress, the entire seventh season has the whole gang on an emotional roller-coaster ride with pre-wedding jitters. All 23 episodes with never-before- seen footage are included on the DVD set as well as fan-friendly special features.

"One of WHV's primary objectives is to bring television's best to DVD," said Christine Martinez, WHV Vice President, Non-theatrical Franchise Marketing. "Without a doubt, Friends: The Complete Seventh Season DVD is a must have for fans. The tremendous growth of TV on DVD and the excitement of the series finale of Friends will help to make this one of the most popular DVDs on the market."

Friends: The Complete Seventh Season will also feature a mail-in rebate offer. Consumers will receive $10 back with the purchase of Season 7 on DVD and any previously released Friends DVD season set.

DVD Special Features:

Gag reel with outtakes from the seventh season
Friends of Friends Part II, a featurette that includes guest celebrity interviews with Morgan Fairchild, Alexandra Holden, Cole Mitchell Sprouse, Eddie Cahill, Paget Brewster.
Monica's Wedding Book Challenge
Gunther Spills the Beans teaser for Season 8.
Commentaries on episodes "The One With The Holiday Armadillo," "The One With Joey's New Brain," and "The One With Monica and Chandler's Wedding" from producers Kevin Bright, Marta Kauffman and David Crane.

The Emmy® Award winning Friends starring Lisa Kudrow (Phoebe), Courtney Cox-Arquette (Monica), Jennifer Aniston (Rachel), David Schwimmer (Ross), Matthew Perry (Chandler) and Matt LeBlanc (Joey) continues its reign as television's #1 rated comedy with more than 26 million viewers tuning in each week. Fans have also collected the DVD sets in record numbers.

Now in its tenth and final season, Friends was nominated for 11 Emmy awards, including Outstanding Comedy Series, Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series (Jennifer Aniston) and Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series (Matt LeBlanc). Last year the series took home Emmys for Outstanding Comedy Series and Outstanding Actress in a Comedy Series (Jennifer Aniston).

In addition, Friends has received its sixth Favorite Comedy Series Award and a Favorite Female Television Performer Award (Jennifer Aniston) from People's Choice, as well as Screen Actors Guild and Golden Globe Awards throughout its wildly successful run on NBC's "must-see TV" line-up.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Herb, thanks for the press release, I remain confident that we'll have all 10 seasons by the end of this year, just call it a hunch.

January Season 6
April Season 7

possibilities...
June season 8
September season 9 (in time for Joey)
December Season 10

thanks again...

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I still haven't got 2-6, but plan on it. I'm going to stop after season 6 because I think the show really started going downhill from that point...

There's closure anyway. :)

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor

Season 8, the only season to win an Emmy, is easily the best season of this show in years in my opinion. Season 7 was a dog, though.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I stopped after 7, so that would explain it. I just didn't like when the show started up with the love triangles and stuff.

Season 6 ends with Monica and Chandler saying they're going to get married...I think that's about where I'd like to finish off...

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
I really love the release schedule Waner has gone with on this show. Three months between releases is just about perfect.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
I never imagined that we would get them all this quickly.

Also finally we get the gag reel. This is a must for Friends. :emoji_thumbsup:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I hope that the music video, which is on one of the best-of releases (the first one, I think), makes it onto one of the season sets before its all over!

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I have the first five and am looking forward to the last five. I think the extended versions are even better than when the originally aired.

Tom_Bechet

Second Unit

same here.
I was surprised to read that the release is so early, S6 isn0't even out yet and we know about S7:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:
I'm not complaining:D

Fox could take an example with the simpsons:angry:

John Simon

Second Unit
While I've loved the boxsets so far, I still wish WB could get some involvement from the cast. I know that's probably cost-prohibitive, but it'd be pretty nice if at least the final season's boxset contained a short doc interviewing the cast. So far, the guy playing Gunther is the closest we've got to cast involvement.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
This is excellent! I also believe there is a good chance we'll have the entire series by the end of 2004. Mind you, I predict season 10 will be out around October/November to coincide with Matt LeBlanc's spinoff series "Joey". Could be wrong but it's just a hunch.

The speed these sets are being released is amazing, and I'm not complaining. I can sit for hours on end and watch back-to-back episodes of "Friends". I got season 5 for Christmas and I had that set finished the day after boxing day. lol.

I agree that the people who produce "The Simpsons" sets should take notes from Warner. At the speed these sets are released, they still manage to provide a quality product with excellent bonus material..........and it doesn't take a year to do it. My hat's off to Warner.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks