1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Friends 5/1/03

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Chris Baucom, May 5, 2003.

1. Chris Baucom

Chris Baucom Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if I need to indicate spoilers here, so I'll default on the safer side. Beware if you haven't seen the show yet.

I know lots of folks here have moved away from this show over the past couple of years, but did anyone catch last week's episode? I thought that on the whole the episode was pretty much on par with the rest of the season, but I am particularly interested to see how they handle the topic of Chandler and Monica's infertility.

I haven't seen this topic covered very well by many (or any?) sitcoms so far. This is an issue that affects about one if four couples and I am hoping the show does it justice. In other words, I am hoping that the season finale isn't written around Chandler and Monica getting pregnant. There are a lot of neat (and realistic) ways they can handle this, like adoption, etc.

2. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Well-Known Member

I think they will try something like invetrofertilization (sp?). I can see them asking Joey to be the sperm donor or something along those lines. I predict Monica will be pregnant next year.

I've liked this season personally.

3. MickeS

MickeS Well-Known Member

I think they should have Phoebe be a surrogate mother... that would be a fresh and exciting storyline. Maybe she could even have twins, or triplets!

4. Kevin Goodwin

Kevin Goodwin Well-Known Member

They should adopt Rachel's baby, 'cause she's obviously not spending any time with Emma. I mean, what new mother has time to sit around the coffee shop?! [​IMG]

5. Jordan_E

Jordan_E Well-Known Member

Right! My wife recently asked "Where's the baby?!" With the recent arrival of our own daughter, we know there is no time to be sitting around with your 'friends' at all! Is Rachel the ultimate bad mother? Why write in such a huge plot point and then totally ignore it? Why do we care if Rachel and Ross get together when both are obviously poor parents? How often do you see Ross bring his son around, instead seeing him fawn over another girl? Hey, I'm taking this WAY too seriously! LOL!

6. Todd Henry

Todd Henry Well-Known Member

For those of you that care about Rachel's baby, please recall that they hired that Nanny (Melissa George). She is taking great care of little Emma and allowing Rachel to have some fun. And Ben of course lives with his mother.

Todd

7. Thomas H G

Thomas H G Well-Known Member

This was a pretty decent episode. I'm still watching it, but my enthusiasm is not anywhere near where it used to be.

8. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Well-Known Member

Malcolm

Yeah, and it would be even cooler if she were to be the surrogate for her brother and his wife so we could get lots of "I'm having my brother's baby" sort of jokes.

9. ChuckDeLa

ChuckDeLa Well-Known Member

10. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Well-Known Member

11. Barry Woodward

Barry Woodward Well-Known Member

12. MichaelD

MichaelD Well-Known Member

Courtney Cox is pregnant in real life, so I bet the season finale is her getting pregnant.

13. Michelle Schmid

Michelle Schmid Well-Known Member

14. Holadem

Holadem Well-Known Member

15. Barry Woodward

Barry Woodward Well-Known Member

16. Sam Davatchi

Sam Davatchi Well-Known Member

17. Chris Baucom

Chris Baucom Well-Known Member