What's new

Friends 11/6/03 (1 Viewer)

Benny G

Second Unit
In my opinion, they followed up the best episode of the season with the worst episode ever. Not a single decent subplot, very few funny one-liners.

Ross and Charlie's breakup was absolutely horrible (the story/acting behind it...argh).

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Knowing she was only on the show for a number of episodes took me right out of the "romance," leaving Ross looking like a guy with possibly the worst luck with women of all time. I only liked the last part with Joey and the painting.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
The episode felt like it was written by a bunch of amateurs doing their first attempt at Friends fan fiction.

Regards,

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
I thought the episode was alright. The painting thing was funny.

Finally Ross is single agan so that they can do the final hooking up of Ross & Rachel.

Greg Kinnear was pretty funny.

I just wish they showed more group (all 6 friends)moments instead of soo much individual time.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
For the first time in three years, I was utterly bored by Friends. I'm starting to think this show should have been killed off last year...on a high note.

Jack Fanning

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Fanning
Not a great episode to be sure, but I had to laugh out loud when Charlie stroked one side of Ross' face and said "I'm sorry" then Kinnear stroked the other side and said "me too"....funny as hell!

Benny G

Second Unit
Can someone explain how this season is going to work? It's not a full season, right? How many new episodes are there going to be? Any information would be appreciated. :D

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
There are going to be 18 episodes total. Last night's was the 6th of the season. So there's only 12 more episodes, which will be spread out over the next 6 and 1/2 months. I'll bet most of those will be during the 3 sweeps months (the rest of this month, February & May).

Eman_Ramos

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, last night's episode was subpar.

But I must say, Phoebe's "paintings" were CREEPY.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I only saw the last half of the new episode, and I knew where it was headed when I walked in the room. The episode that followed I thought was funnier.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
ICHIBAN!!! I loved when the Money Grant guy asked Ross how to spell that made-up dinosaur..

"B-" "no, it starts with a silent M"

And "Im a pretty little girl"

But i agree, the plot with charlie breaking up with ross was stupid

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I think that they mistakenly figured we would all laugh because the two Talk Soup hosts were getting together, so they didn't have to spend much time making it funny. :)

Regards,

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Good catch, Ken...didn't even register while watching. I've actually found the last two episode to be quite disparate.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
There are going to be 18 episodes total. Last night's was the 6th of the season.
holy crap. please don't tell my girlfriend that. she's been complaining to me for weeks that the new season has started but the tivo wasn't recording. i kept telling her she must be wrong.

well...last night i finally realized that the season pass was too far down the list and was being over-ridden by, of all shows, good eats! :eek:

anyway, i taped last nights ep. watched (literally) about 5 minutes, rolled my eyes, and went to play on my pc instead.

this show is just stupid now...

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
OT: Ted: Oh man, i LOVE good eats, Alton Brown is like the "Bill Nye" of cooking :D

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
:laugh: too funny nick. i never thought about it like that, but that's a very accurate description! heh...

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
This "Friends" episode was OK, but this series has always had really, really sloppy writing, and this episode was no different.

So the other guys next to Ross didn't pipe up? And when Ross wanted to convince the girlfriend that the professor acted the way he said, he didn't go to the oother candidates instead? Yes, we are asked to "suspend disbelief", but this show always pushes it. I find the show funny, but the logic of this show has always, always sucked.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
It was an OK episode.

I just finished watching Season 5 on DVD and it is one of the best seasons of Friends IMO. I listened to the commentaries and they all said and agreed multiple times that the best episodes are the ones where everyone is together and the comedy is just them playing off of each other. I find that very true as well, and something that has been missing from this season. Everyone seems to be off doing their own thing and it just isn't as funny nor engaging.

Hopefully they will get back to that, probably with this years Thanksgiving episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks