What's new

Friday The 13th SEs/Box Set Info Coming on September 19th!? (1 Viewer)

rhett

Supporting Actor
Just a thought, but maybe Paramount will go the STAR TREK route and start releasing Director's Cuts of all the previous films. The thing is though, the DC's have been rated by the MPAA, keeping in spirit with Paramount's rated only policy. But given that the FRIDAY films were unfairly butchered upon release, I'd say there is hope that the unrated cuts could be reappraised by the MPAA and given an R-Rating. Movies today like FREDDY VS JASON and FINAL DESTINATION 2 have gore by the bucket loads, certainly not much worse than the original FRIDAY films.

I won't give up all hope, but I just can't see Paramount going for uncut DVDs, given their close connection to Blockbuster. The thing is though, they've already got all the films released in rated form, so all the possible uncut discs would seem superfluous to chains like Blockbuster anyway.

If ever there were a series that deserved more respect on DVD, then FRIDAY THE 13TH is it. Freddy, Michael and Pinhead have all gotten the deluxe treatment over the years, and now it is time for Jason to have his day. New Line hinted at how great SEs could be for the FRIDAY franchise...too bad the two films they own pale in comparison with the original 8.

I really hope Paramount doesn't mess up this new found opportunity. Jason is back atop the box office and in vogue with the young DVD purchasers out there, and uncut releases will finally shut up all the skeptics like myself.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Part One has already been released UNCUT by Warner Brothers in Region 3. It's NTSC, anamorphic and contains a 22 minute documentary.

I just got it but haven't had a chance to open it yet. I've heard the transfer is great and it's been confirmed that it is indeed uncut. I'm sure the eventual US releases will contain far more extras, but owning this one uncut will hold me over for the time being.

Uncut Friday The 13th DVD Anamorphic NTSC

Jeff

Chuck L

Screenwriter
I've heard the transfer is great and it's been confirmed that it is indeed uncut.
While it's acceptable, I wouldn't say great. There's the aforementioned NTSC artifacting and the print is not as clean or smooth as the US version. There are more nicks and scratches and it's a bit grainier, particularly in darker scenes. Not awful, though.

Brandon Gantt

Second Unit
From ManiaFest:

"Friday the 13th" Cut 'Em Up Film Contest Finalists Announced

September 17, 2003 -

We are proud to announce that the following short films have been selected as finalists in the "Cut'em Up" Film Contest:

Finalists:

RUPERT TAKES MANHATTAN by Patrick Rea
JASON: THE REBIRTH by Mike Boas
FRIDAY THE 13TH AGAIN by Hank Braxtan
FRIDAY THE PEEP-TEENTH by Tom Steeber
THE COLD HEART OF CRYSTAL LAKE by Timothy Whitfield and Joe Patnaud
ANDREW LLOYDS WEBERS FRIDAY THE 13TH by Asif Ahmed

Prior to the screening of "Friday the 13th" on September 19th, the shorts will be screened and the winner & runner-ups will be announced.

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
Oh man, 1 more day!!!!!
htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif
:cool:
htf_images_smilies_chatter.gif
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
:eek: :emoji_thumbsup:

Simon Caleb

Stunt Coordinator
While I look foward to seeing the winning short movie, sadly I'm still hearing the F13th films will not be restored/uncut, the BS will only contain special features.

Simon C

Will K

Screenwriter
One more day to go for the "special announcement." Just a friendly reminder, I would suggest caution in our enthusiasm. Yes, Mr. Blythe has teased us with previous comments, but disappointment is still a distinct possibility. What will excite us and what Paramount thinks will excite us are two different things.

Chuck West

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, Mr. Blythe has teased us with previous comments, but disappointment is still a distinct possibility. What will excite us and what Paramount thinks will excite us are two different things.
Mr. Blythe is well aware of what the fans of the films want. That's why I think this is the boxed set we've been waiting for.

Simon Caleb

Stunt Coordinator
Heck, the dissapointment has already done me in :frowning:
I've moved on to another lost cause, My Bloody Valentine directors cut :)

Tim_P_76

Second Unit
Real Name
Timothy J. Parkans
I hope someone will be reporting from this. I'm sure we can expect some word around 12:30am or later in the day tomorrow. The Q&A and film starts at 9:30 pm PT in Cali. If after film it would be around 11pm PT.

rhett

Supporting Actor
I woke up this morning hoping to read a thread proclaiming nothing but uncut reissues of all the films, but alas nothing yet. I've still got my fingers crossed!

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
The event itself was merely hours ago. I'm betting anyone involved is out having a good time. It will probably be tomorrow before any news makes it in. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks