What's new

Friday The 13th SEs/Box Set Info Coming on September 19th!? (1 Viewer)

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Actually, I believe the original cut of part III ended as a dream. Chris's head was chopped off, but she wakes up in the back of the cop car screaming.

If you replace the shot of Mrs. Voorhees pulling her under with Jason cutting her head off, it fits in correct with the movie, leaving her a survivor, but messed up in the head.

Simon Caleb

Stunt Coordinator
I read about that original ending to Part 3, looking forward to seeing at, as someone has already mentioned it's been found.

In fact some of the info on that site is correct, but there's a whole heap that's just :laugh:able

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
Let's not get too upset at Paramount if not every scene mentioned above is added to these releases. Granted, all the gore that was ordered cut by the MPAA should be restored, but alternate endings and scenes cut deliberately for time and pacing issues should not be restored to the films merely because they exist. There is a reason films have editors.

-Lyle J.P.

Simon Caleb

Stunt Coordinator
Sure, I don't think most on here want anything other than the MPAA/Paramount cut stuff reinserted, the alternate ending to Part 3 I would like in a supplement, well I hope it's done that way ;)

I've also been having a think about this Sept 19th F13th fest, the more I think about it the more I reckon someone at Paramount will be mentioning the UNCUT release of the series, they would be pretty foolish to announce they're the same cut versions, with a few extras...Imagine the fans reactions, slow clapping with the chant..uncut, UNCUT, UNCUT until the suits at Paramount have to be airlifted out of the place :D

Of course they can pretty much name their price if the set is unrated!

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I think everything available should be included as a supplement (scenes cut for pacing, alternate endings, etc.) but the gore scenes should be re-inserted into the films.

Simon Caleb

Stunt Coordinator
I'm actually scared to think about it, but I've already started saving!
Anyone dare suggest how much they'd shell out for an unrated box set?

I'd go to $135 max, that's for 8 remastered & restored unrated versions.
If they're just the same old, same old with poor quality work prints stuck on the flip side, then it'd be $55 tops, but not of my money that's for sure.

In fact I'd gladly pay $40 for an unrated/restored My Bloody Valentine: Director's Vision release.

Simon C

Eric Emma

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Eric H. Emma
I picked up Nightmare on Elm Street Box set for 60 bux, I figure 80 bux would be a good price;)

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Um, I would probably pay up to $160 for a box set of all uncut... That is $20 a piece which is more than enough for Paramount to charge per disc...

Although, I would like to see it cheaper... ;)

This is a set I will buy though if and when it comes out... Some of the movies I dot even want, but I am curious... Besides, they wouldnt be available to rent anyways most likely...

Simon Caleb

Stunt Coordinator
Sadly I was just told by someone in the US dvd industry some fairly solid information regarding the box set.

"I'm told that the F13 DVDs will not be restored at all in the US, they will just contain special features not on the older releases".

If this is true, all I can say is I had fun day dreaming over an uncut box set :frowning:

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
If that's the truth, Paramount is really wasting an amazing opportunity to take advantage of Jason's renewed popularity. disappointing news, but at least at this point it's just a rumor. I'll wait until September 19th to start belly-aching.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Honestly, there's no point in releasing Special Editions. I know I'd simply rent them unless they were UNCUT, then I'd buy.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, That sounds Downright Suicidal on Paramount's part. If this turns out to be true, Martin Blythe certianly had alot of Balls to tease the upcoming announcement knowing full well that everyone here is out for Blood (of course pun intended) for the unrated cuts (once again)

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I agree. They're sitting on a huge cash cow, and if they are looking to make any money from the new releases...they'd be stupid to release them in the CUT form.

I think what they need to do is call the directors for 1-8 and ask them to get involved.

I know the guy from part VII would be willing to do it. They'd honestly make their money back. The fans alone would grab a boxset up right away (and we're talking about a MSRP of like $$250.00 retailing for like $180.00. If they release all the editions separately with HUGE UNCUT letters and such, casual people would pick them up too. I think the only thing that's going to happen if these are announced as Special Editions (trailers, documentaries, commentaries, no UNCUT footage inserted back into the movies) the people that haven't bought these yet will buy the first editions for cheap, or will buy nothing at all.

DeanWalsh

Second Unit
Something that needs to be addressed is that it might not actually be possible to reintegrate the cut scenes into the film... Depending on the condition of the available cut footage it might actually be of too poor a quality to transfer and add back into the film (and depending on whats still available, the cut footage for certain installments may only exist on videotape after all this time if at all). I want to see the cut footage as much as everyone else, but if it's shit quality I'd rather see it as a supplement rather than a rough patchwork restoration of the film.

Simon Caleb

Stunt Coordinator
I'm told, the issue regarding just how special this box set is, concerns the budget the guys have to put it together.

I wouldn't worry over the condition of the footage; personally I'm seriously gutted it boils down to Paramount & their purse strings.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
The footage can be restored. If movies much older can be restored then they can easily restore 2+ minutes for each film. That's honestly all it is for each movie. The gore cuts for almost all the films would probably total like 15 minutes. The condition would have to be pretty bad for them not to be able to restore it enough. It might not completely match the other parts of the movie, but it could certainly look better than a workprint VHS copy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks