What's new

Friday The 13th SEs/Box Set Info Coming on September 19th!? (1 Viewer)

Simon Caleb

Stunt Coordinator
If they are indeed the uncut versions, I'll be keeping Parts 2, 5 & 7 in cut form, just as a comparison for the huge amounts of missing footage.

Sad I know, but hey I'm a rabid Friday fan :D

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
I sold off my old copies of 1,2,3,4 but kept 6. Never bought 5 and the rest.

I was poor and with all the rumblings of this new box set I figured Id be OK.

I cant wait!

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
I'd love to have an uncut, Special Edition of Part VI: Jason Lives on DVD. It rates right up there with parts 1-4 as one of the best films in the series. In fact, it is my favorite. C.J. Graham was a great Jason and Jennifer Cooke (Megan) is the hottest woman in the series. The film also had a good story and likeable characters. Thom Mathews was perfectly cast in the Tommy Jarvis role. The locations used (camp, cemetery, woods, police station) also proved to be very effective. Some people say the comedy ruined the film, but I strongly disagree. The comedy is not overly heavy and the film is never funny when it shouldn't be. Alice Cooper's "He's Back! (The Man Behind The Mask)" is very cool and fits perfectly with the film. Plus, Part VI: Jason Lives also has the best ending (that creepy eye opening underwater scene)
in the series.

*It's also interesting to note that Part VI: Jason Lives is the only film in the series to feature a working camp with children.

According to the IMDb, here's what was cut:

• The following scenes were cut to avoid an "X" rating:

• Allen's insides were ripped out of his body by Jason. He dragged the guts and heart out; he dropped them on the ground where his heart laid steaming.

• The triple decapitation of the 3 paintball players. The first print showed their heads being sliced right off of their shoulders.

• The two camp counselors in the car's deaths were also trimmed: The woman speared in the water was cut of excess blood. The man was speared, lifted into the air, and then slid down the spear, leaving his insides on it.

• Jason shoved the broken bottle into the caretaker's neck and he falls to the ground as the camera gets a close up of the blood coming out of the bottle.

• Cort's death had a little more to it in the first print. After Cort is stabbed in the side of the head, blood begins to shoot out his head.

• The wall-to-wall blood cabin originally had a lot more blood and guts in it. There were shots of livers and hearts running down the walls, but it was all thought too graphic to have in the film.

• The backbreaking sheriff's scene had more to it. There were more screams, more bone crushing, and his legs began to kick.

• A scene at the very end was cut. In it, a red-haired Elias Voorhees walked to his son's grave. Knowing he wasn't in the casket, Elias gives the camera a wicked glare.

• Sissy's death was toned down. Originally, you could see her head torn off and dropped.

• Originally, a shot of Mrs. Voorhees' grave appeared next to her sons' grave in the opening sequence. Later, there was some dialogue in the police station where Tommy asked why Jason wasn't cremated, and the sheriff responded by saying "We were gonna, but some asshole paid to give Jason and his mother a proper burial." "Some asshole" is revealed in the final cut scene (at the film's end) to be Jason's father.

• In the original script, the deaths of both Jill and Officer Pappas were more graphic. Instead of Jason pushing Nikki's face into the wall, as we see in the wide release, Jason squeezed her throat until blood spurted out. In Officer Pappas' death, Jason originally tore off his face (literally), leaving a faceless corpse staring ahead before falling down. However, veteran Friday The 13th producer Frank Mancuso, Jr. advised director Tom McLoughlin to tone down these scenes for the film, stating that the MPAA would never give the film an "R" rating with these scenes intact.

• The workprint version, currently circulating as a bootleg, contains the sheriff's backbreaking death in its entirety. The ending is also slightly altered; it excludes the profanity Tommy spouts at Jason, and the ensuing fight between Tommy and Jason both above and below the lake's surface is longer. After Megan rescues Tommy and shoves the boat's propeller into Jason's neck, the shot of the gore spilling into the water is eliminated.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Part 6 also tried to switch the rules around... For example, they killed off the mousy, virgin plain Jane girl while allowing the more wild and non-virgin girl to live...

I would have liked the movie better without the comedy aspects though... I thought Part 6 probably had the best atmosphere and production values in the original Friday the 13th series, but the comedy just ruined it for me...

The original script actually is pretty dark and none of those lighter tone aspects were in it at all... They arent in the original book either... I read the Part 6 book a very long time ago, but it was more fleshed out... There are backflashes to Jasons childhood, a different ending, etc... The comedy tone was added in by the director...

I am just not really a big fan of comedy/horror movies...

Notes: Part 2, 6, and 7 are the most heavily cut movies in the series...

Part 6: The director made 3 seperate cuts of the film (an X, an R, and a PG-13)... He turned the X into the MPAA just for the hell of it... They denied it... Then he turned in the R version... They also denied that... So, the version that we have now is actually the directors PG-13 version... The MPAA gave his PG-13 cut an R and thats what we have...

Part 7: The heaviest cut out of the series... Every single murder was cut... In the original cut, Jason was kept more in the dark and you could see darker shots of him, his face through the mask, etc... The MPAA even cut that and deemed it too grisly...

Part 2: The second heaviest cut next to Part 7... Every death in this movie is also cut... The double impailing (probably the films highlight death) is non-existant...

Part 5: Cut up pretty bad as well...

Part 8: Also pretty cut up... One death (involving darts getting thrown through someones eyes) was removed completely... The girl in the shower who's death by glass chunk is missing from Part 8... Original she is stabbed in the shower with the glass multiple times, each time getting more violent...

Part 3: Somewhere in the middle of the series of what was cut... The original ending is missing... An ending which would have been very surprising at the time... Chris was beheaded by a maskless Jason during the final shots leaving no survivors... Jason won... Several deaths were cut such as the handstand and harpoon murders...

Part 1 and 4 were the two least cut in the series... Part 4 is missing the scene where Trish finds her mother dead in the bathtub... It is also missing several character scenes...

Mark_Paul

Agent
Yeah I want them uncut. UNCUT UNCUT

Who else loves the theme tune to Part 8 'Jason Takes Manhattan'. Wow.

I like the way the series evolved also. For example, the hockey mask did not show up till part 3.

That NY poster for part 8 is one of my favourite 1-sheets.

Did the comedy ruin part 6? Hell yeah!

Michael Bee

Auditioning
Wow, reading those descriptions of the uncut versions is great. :emoji_thumbsup: I'd never known that stuff, and I'm dying to see it. I'm really anxious to see these films again, especially after seeing Freddy vs. Jason, but I'm too lazy to dig out my VHS copies.

I've been waiting for the F13 films on DVD ever since I bought my first player in '99!

John Sullmeyer

Second Unit
If it's the Unrated cut, count me in. Now if Paramount would only fess up to the Twin Peaks Pilot Episode and also release Season 2 here in the States, since they are releasing it everywhere else this Winter. :P

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Here is a list of what was cut from each movie... These are many things, but certain things are still missing from this list...

Friday the 13th: Annie's death was a little bit longer. It showed more blood come out of her throat after it was slit.

Jack's death was originally longer. There was an shot of Jack from a top view. In this shot, the arrow in Jack's throat turns, causing much more blood to shoot straight at the camera, and also in his mouth.

Marcie's death was a little longer. Originally, the axe hits her in the face and she slides all of the way down to the floor.

Mrs. Voorhees' death was actually longer. It took her a little longer to fall down and blood was squirting out of her cut neck.
A scene showing Claudette's death was filmed, but then left out of the final cut. Claudette was actually knifed in the neck.

Friday the 13th Part 2: A close-up shot Jeff and Sandra being double-impaled while having sex on the bed.

A close up shot of Crazy Ralph and the wire cutting.

A scene at the very end where we are shown the inside

A facing shot of Mark's face being split by the machete.

Blood was trimmed from the shot of Jason driving the hammer in the cop's head.

The flashback footage showing Mrs. Voorhees decapitation was trimmed.

Bloodflow was cut from the shot of Jason driving an icepick into Alice's head.

Additional bloodflow was cut from the shot of Jason slicing Scott's throat.

Friday the 13th Part 3: following scenes were cut to avoid an "X" rating from the MPAA:

The death scene of Andy showed his right leg and stomach being cut apart.

Vera's death was longer, it included more blood and a shot of her reaction. It was cut because the board said that it looked too real.

A different ending in which Chris, is killed by Jason. Instead of being attacked in the water by his mother, Chris axes Jason in the head and goes out to lay in the canoe. The night becomes dawn and Chris gets out of the canoe to go back into the cabin. Chris walks up to the front door and opens it. Right there in the door is Jason with an axe in his hand. He grabs Chris by her hair and slices her head clean off of her shoulders.

Edna's death was cut of excess blood.

The impaling of Chili with the hot poker was cut. Originally, the impalement was shown, along with a splash of smoldering blood.

Debbie's death originally showed blood spraying across her upper half.

Friday the 13th Part 4: Nurse Rhonda was originally held up and gutted, but it ended up being cut out so that it only showed her being stabbed.

A scene cut in which Tommy shows Rob a fake guillotine. Tommy puts a stick in the guillotine. It drops and the stick is cut in two. Then, Tommy puts a fake arm in and cuts it off. Rob thinks its real and starts screaming. When Tommy starts laughing, Rob figures out that it is a joke. Trish comes in and asks Rob if he wants to stay for dinner. He doesn't.

One scene in which Doug and Sarah are on the porch. They stand outside and talk about not dancing.

In another scene, Mrs. Jarvis goes into Trish's room and tells her to go get a car part in town. Mrs. Jarvis also announces that she is going jogging before it storms.

A small scene cut during the time in which the Jarvis' car breaks down. In the original version, right after Trish tells Tommy to hurry up it cuts. It did continue with Tommy running up to Trish in a scary mask, scaring Trish. Tommy declares that he made the mask the first week that he got there.

Sarah and Doug are together in their room (before the party starts). They talk about how nice each others legs are and how nervous they are about going to the party.

A scene where Tommy shows Rob a toy soldier melting under a magnifying glass.

A scene where Trish finds her mother drowned in a bathtub.

A scene after Rob finds his shotgun broken to pieces in which he sets up a motion sensor in the woods.
An extra scene at the very beginning in the moving ambulance: the two paramedics converse, the female medic says "I could've had the night off" and the male responds "Well, this was an emergency, like every damn thing." We then cut to the ambulance arriving at the scene and being directed to Jason's body, which is all we see in the wide release.

Friday the 13th Part 5: Joey and Robin were in a barn. Robin would put a piece of candy in Joey's mouth. Every time that he ate a candy, she would give Joey a kiss. It was cut because of time restrictions.

Robin's machete death was originally shown. The knife went through her chest, causing blood to spray across her upper half.

There was more of a shot of the cleaver in Jake's face. Blood protruded out of the wound and down to his neck.

There was a scene of Junior's head being cut off.

A more graphic scene of Joey's death was filmed. His innards shot out of his back as he was stabbed by Jake.

Violet was supposed to be killed by the machete in between the legs, however the board found it offensive.

In the original shooting script, the opening scene was much different. In it, Corey Feldman and Jason were taken to the same hospital after the murders. Tommy goes crazy and kills all of the orderlies and patients while trying to get to Jason. He finally finds him, but Jason rises and attacks Tommy. Then, Tommy wakes up in the back of the mental hospital van.

Friday the 13th Part 6: Allen's insides were ripped out of his body by Jason. He dragged the guts and heart out; he dropped them on the ground where his heart laid steaming.

The triple decapitation of the 3 paintball players. The first print showed their heads being sliced right off of their shoulders.

The two camp counselors in the car's deaths were also trimmed: The woman speared in the water was cut of excess blood. The man was speared, lifted into the air, and then slid down the spear, leaving his insides on it.

Jason shoved the broken bottle into the caretaker's neck and he falls to the ground as the camera gets a close up of the blood coming out of the bottle.
Cort's death had a little more to it in the first print. After Cort is stabbed in the side of the head, blood begins to shoot out his head.

The wall-to-wall blood cabin originally had a lot more blood and guts in it. There were shots of livers and hearts running down the walls, but it was all thought too graphic to have in the film.

The backbreaking sheriff's scene had more to it. There were more screams, more bone crushing, and his legs began to kick.

A scene at the very end was cut. In it, a red-haired Elias Voorhees walked to his son's grave. Knowing he wasn't in the casket, Elias gives the camera a wicked glare.

Sissy's death was toned down. Originally, you could see her head torn off and dropped.

Originally, a shot of Mrs. Voorhees' grave appeared next to her sons' grave in the opening sequence. Later, there was some dialogue in the police station where Tommy asked why Jason wasn't cremated, and the sheriff responded by saying "We were gonna, but some asshole paid to give Jason and his mother a proper burial." "Some asshole" is revealed in the final cut scene (at the film's end) to be Jason's father.

In the original script, the deaths of both Jill and Officer Pappas were more graphic. Instead of Jason pushing Nikki's face into the wall, as we see in the wide release, Jason squeezed her throat until blood spurted out. In Officer Pappas' death, Jason originally tore off his face (literally), leaving a faceless corpse staring ahead before falling down. However, veteran Friday The 13th producer Frank Mancuso, Jr. advised director Tom McLoughlin to tone down these scenes for the film, stating that the MPAA would never give the film an "R" rating with these scenes intact.

Friday the 13th Part 7: Jason's face is constantly masked in shadows to avoid shots of his moldy, decomposing face. The complex make-up was made to conform to actor Kane Hodder's face, but was later deleted from nearly the entire movie when the MPAA deemed it "a bit too grisly".

Judy's sleeping bag death was cut to absolutely no gore. In the uncut version Jason slams the sleeping bag against the tree repeatedly until the sleeping bag is soaked in blood.

Maddy's death, which is offscreen in the wide-release version, but in original prints a scythe is jammed into her neck and bursts from the other side.

Ben's death is much grislier. In uncut versions, Jason smashes his head into a mushy pulp and blood pours down his face.

Eddie's death was cut. In the original version, we see his head drop to the floor, but in the theatrical version, we only hear it.

Russ's head splits open as Jason hits it with an axe.

Amanda Shepard's death is virtually unseen in the wide release, which only shows her get stabbed from behind for a second and then cuts to Doctor Crew's shocked face. Uncut, she is impaled on the blade, which juts violently from her chest. Jason then lifts her off the ground on it and waits until she finally dies.

Dr. Crews was killed with a tree-trimming saw. Originally, Jason tore into his gut, spilling out a fountain of entrails and blood that spurted up into the air.

Melissa's death has an ax violently cleaving her face in two, splitting it down the middle in a gruesome close-up that left her eyes still wiggling in their sockets. Jason then tossed her aside, which is all we see in the cut release.

Stan's death was also cut. There was a shot of Jason's hand ripping through the front of his body with guts attached.

Tina Shepard has a vision of her mother's demise at Jason's hands while driving a car. Buechler originally wanted the vision to be of Jason holding the severed head of Mrs. Voorhees, but Gulf + Western wouldn't allow it.

A denouement scene was filmed in which a fisherman in a boat on Crystal Lake hooks a largemouth bass, but as he's reeling it in, Jason rises from the lake and pulls him under. The scene was removed from the final cut, because it was deemed too close to the ending of the original Friday the 13th and Part 3.

Michael's death was cut. Originally, Jason rammed the spike all the way through his body, causing blood to spurt out.

Tina's vision of Michael getting killed was also more graphic.

A shot of Jason carrying a severed head into a room was also cut. Kate's death was trimmed of bloodflow.

Friday the 13th Part 8: Jim's death was much gorier. Originally, Jason shoves the entire spear gun through his stomach, then rips it out, causing Jim's intestines to slide out along with a large amount of blood.

Suzy's death was disturbingly gruesome. Jason shoves the spear through her stomach and twists it non-stop. There were close-up shots of Suzy's mouth gurgling blood and blood rapidly oozing from the spear wound.

Tamera's death in the original print was completely different. Originally, Jason repeatedly stabs her with a mirror shard in a shower while she's completely nude. Blood rapidly oozes from her stab wounds and Jason keeps stabbing non-stop.

The scene where the uncredited boxer gets the hot sauna rock shoved into his chest cavity was a re-shoot. Originally, Jason jammed two darts through his eye sockets, but it was deemed too graphic in the final cut, and the MPAA forced the crew to re-shot it.
A close up shot of Julius' head being knocked clean off was cut.

The scene where the captain gets his neck sliced by Jason's bowing knife is obviously cut. The camera cuts away to the rainy deck while the captain is cringing from the laceration and then cuts back when he falls forward.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Reading about all of the missing footage is really getting me excited for the big announcement!
I echo that! I still haven't bought any of the Friday flicks, and plan on buying the box set regardless (as long as the price isn't too high)...but now I'm really hoping that we get the unrated versions.

Todd_B

Second Unit
Thanks to all that have posted those deleted tidbits. Great stuff :emoji_thumbsup:

If Paramount releases these uncut (pretty, pretty please ;) ) I will be picking up the set the day it streets.

Todd B

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
Wow. Reading about all of the missing footage is really getting me excited for the big announcement!
So have I. That is a lot of missing footage &, I will be one of those people who will buy the special editions of all the F13TH movies but only if the movies are uncut.

Simon Caleb

Stunt Coordinator
Actually let me rephrase that, if they release them uncut & remastered, not just ropey workprint quality on the flip side, then I'll buy two sets ;)

DeanWalsh

Second Unit
Wonder where Camp Blood got that deleted clip from part 3... the quality seems too good compared to the other clips, and it appears to be anamorphic...

Simon Caleb

Stunt Coordinator

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks