What's new

Friday The 13th SEs/Box Set Info Coming on September 19th!? (1 Viewer)

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Dean,

I would take it that Martin is hinting that some form of info will be given on these movies at the Sept. 19th convention... :)

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Justin...believe me that I agree with you about part 8...not a favorite of mine either, but it falls second behind part 5 for me...that one is, at least for me, the red-headed step child.:b

Martin Blythe

Second Unit
Yes, we'd like to give you all an update at the festival. Of course my short term goal is to ensure that aspiring F13 filmmakers are aware of the filmmaking "homage" contest since there isn't a lot of time left now.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Believe me Martin, if we had a camera, we would be making one for sure. Sounds like a wonderful evening for the fans of the series...I would love to be in California that night.

I know that you are planning on having some of the members of the cast...do you know on tap yet which ones? Is this actually being looked at a kick-off to greater things to come? Also, another intersting question...I know that this version of the film that you all will be showing is a new re-mastered version of the film and such...is this remastered version the already known version of the film that has been remastered, or is it the international version of the film with the deleted scenes, such as the full death of Kevin Bacon and the various other shots that were altered for the United States?

Jason Hennigan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason Hennigan
Thanks for posting, Martin.

As much as it gets mentioned, and as much as it's ignored, studio people really do check out the HTF.

Glad to see that they care enough to do so.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
I've been waiting for Martin to drop into one of these threads with even the slightest bit of news and we get some indication that we might all get what we want so bad.
Thanks for posting Martin. We all appreciate it.

GregK

Screenwriter
And if this going to be the second DVD release of Part III, let's hope the original 3-D version is also included!

Brandon Gantt

Second Unit
Source: ManiaFest

Amateur horror filmmakers, listen up! Here's your chance to pay homage to one of the classic horror films of modern cinema, none other than FRIDAY THE 13TH! Cinescape and Toolbox Productions are putting together the "Friday the 13th Cut 'Em Up Film Contest". We need filmmakers to create short films (under 13 minutes in length) paying tribute to, poking fun at, or having their way with Jason and the mythology established in the first eight FRIDAY THE 13TH films.
What do you get out of it? Besides the chance to have your short film screened at the Mania Fest genre film festival held next month in Santa Monica, the top three finalists will get $1,300 distributed amongst them! The winning short film will be screened on Friday, September 19 at Mania Fest, at a special FRIDAY THE 13TH panel featuring the movie's filmmakers and stars. Then, at midnight, a special screening of a brand-new print of FRIDAY THE 13TH will take place!

"We couldn't be more pleased to be working with Toolbox Productions on a Friday the 13th-themed project," comments Mania Entertainment CEO Chip Meyers. "As made evident through our other film and screenplay contests, there are a number of gifted young genre filmmakers out there. What better way to celebrate their talents then by handing them the keys to the FRIDAY THE 13TH kingdom and having them go to town. I can't wait to see the entries!"

The deadline for submissions is coming up fast: September 8, 2003. To get started, read the contest's rules and submissions guidelines located at www.maniafest.com/rulesfriday.html

Good luck!

All entries must be post marked by September 6, 2003.
This could be a FRIDAY
fan's big break! Of course you can only refer or pay "homage" to Paramount's eight babies. Is there a possibility of the winning entry being included on the new DVDs?

WillG

Senior HTF Member
"And if this going to be the second DVD release of Part III, let's hope the original 3-D version is also included!"

Of course, there is much debate on whether or not this is possible, technically and/or cost feasible. I'd settle for a Red/Blue transfer if that is the only possible way (if it is possible at all) but I doubt it would be done

GregK

Screenwriter
Of course, there is much debate on whether or not this is possible, technically and/or cost feasible. I'd settle for a Red/Blue transfer if that is the only possible way (if it is possible at all) but I doubt it would be done
Paramount actually released a field-sequential 3-D video version roughly 15 years ago in Japan. It used the superior field-sequential 3-D format. ..And this was back when LCS shutter glasses were bulky and cost $100 per pair. The controller unit cost another $100. A friend has the original Japanese VHD videodisc and while the transfer is only so-so (it was done 15 years ago after all) the 3-D is excellent.

Now for $90 or less you can get two pair of light weight 3-D glasses and three 3-D DVDs to boot. And the LCS shutter glasses work with any field-sequential titles available:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...592966-8036616
At one time I saw it at Best Buy for less than that.

Be it field-sequential 3-D or the inferior anaglyph red/blue 3-D format, Paramount CAN do 3-D on DVD. DVD certainly has the capacity to offer both flat & 3-D. I would rather have that option over the pan-n-scan option many DVDs offer any day.

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
Be it field-sequential 3-D or the inferior anaglyph red/blue 3-D format, Paramount CAN do 3-D on DVD. DVD certainly has the capacity to offer both flat & 3-D. I would rather have that option over the pan-n-scan option many DVDs offer any day.
So...in theory, even though it was filmed field-sequential, Paramount could do a red/blue transfer? It is indeed possible?

Simon Caleb

Stunt Coordinator
Here's a grim thought, if Paramount lump the MPAA cut footage into a supplement & don't go the extra mile with unrated features, how long will it be before bootleggers reconstruct uncut versions onto dvdr's?...eBay would be flooded with them :frowning:

I would like to think Paramount gets it right first time & reap the rewards from completely unrated/uncut Friday's, rather than help fuel the bootleg dvd industry.

Eric Emma

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Eric H. Emma
Well, I'm "dying" to prove you all wrong but will hold my tongue. Did anyone decide to answer the challenge to shoot a F13 homage for the Maniafest/Cinescape announcement? If you missed it, go back to how this thread opened.
Look at the sig:D but I wrote that quite a while ago back when I first joined. Since then I've come to appriciate paramount for releasing all there titles on DVD(with widescreen)so the sig is a bit ill founded... AS for the Mania-fest I got some ideas:)

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Question: This will be a 1-8 box set, right? because New Line owns 9 and 10? Is it safe to buy 9 and 10?

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Jason Goes To Hell and Jason X are okay to buy (same with Freddy Vs. Jason)

Jason Goes To Hell inclued the UNRATED version, as well as the R-Rated cuts. It's already in anamorphic widescreen, and has a commentary with deleted scenes, and the trailer.

Jason X was only stripped of about half a second or something for the R-rated cut, so there's no need for an UNCUT release, it's as uncut as it'll ever be. It's also got and anamorphic widescreen transfer, commentary, and some documentaries, and a trailer.

Both come with DTS/5.1/stereo sound mixes. Don't expect new versions from New Line, pick them up.

1-8 are the theatrical cuts of the original films, and since they can be picked up for around 10-15 dollars, I'd recommend picking them up as well, if you're a complete rabid fan. :)

I knew Paramount would double-dip with these, but the way I see it, if they do UNCUT Releases, with extras...then I'll be able to say I have the original Theatrical Versions as well, which is what DVD is all about.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks