What's new

FRIDAY THE 13TH SERIES: Uncut Footage at last? (1 Viewer)

WadeM

Supporting Actor
So, has anyone seen Part VI yet in these new special editions?

This was my first time watching this one, and there's one scene in particular, at 1 hour in, where the girl shows Tommy a sign when he's in jail, and you can't see what's written on the sign because the bottom's cut off. Have all the prior (widescreen) releases been like that, or is this a really bad framing issue on this DVD? I can't imagine this was done on purpose.

There were some scenes in the other ones that made me feel like I was missing something too. Are these DVDs being done right?

StephenA

Screenwriter
I just looked at the DVD in my Friday The 13th box set, and only the top bit of what was written was shown. So it was that way in that edition as well. I had the the old bare bones single disc version years ago, but don't remember if it showed more.

WadeM

Supporting Actor
Thanks guys!
Granted, it's more than obvious what they're doing and you certainly don't need to read the paper to gain anything, but something about the way that shot was presented made me feel like they wanted to show me something that I wasn't seeing. Very awkward. And, there were a couple of scenes in parts 4 & 5 that made me feel the same way. I guess my hunch was just wrong and that's just how they wanted it after all..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks