What's new

Friday Night Lights season 3 DVD release 5/19/09 (1 Viewer)

peggy

Stunt Coordinator
I was glad to already see a release date for this set because I don't have Direct Tv and am watching it on NBC right now. However I have heard that NBC is cutting out scenes so I look forward to getting to see the full episodes. I was recording the episodes for my son to watch when he comes home from college after this semester but now I will be able to just buy the dvds.

I look forward to extras also.

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
I haven't heard or read that NBC has cut scenes. Do you have a link to this info?
If I remember correctly, episodes on the 101 were roughly 46 min in length so not sure why NBC would have to cut any time off for their broadcasts.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Because hour-long shows on broadcast networks generally run 42-44 minutes minus commericals.

From what I heard, the episodes were shot with NBC in mind and the extra scenes on the DirecTV broadcasts are, essentially, "filler." NBC has some "deleted scenes" for the episodes on their Web site - I'm sure those are at least some of the extra scenes shot for DTV.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
This has been one of my favorites TV series. I already own Seasons 1 & 2 on DVD, so I will definitely be purchasing Season 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks