What's new

Friday Night Lights season 3 (DirecTV 101) (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Wonderful send-off for Street, you know it is when even Riggins gets a little choked up about it. If you care about the characters, it's okay to even shed a tear of joy or two.

Even with some outlandish plot turns in season 2, this season features much more grounded situations, Saracen finally getting some receiver love by coach after some earnest presentation to make his case, and Mrs. Coach has to face reality during the house-looking tizzy Mrs. McCoy got her riled up for a "bigger" life. Tyra continues to be a slow-cooking train-wreck, though.

Greg Thomas

Second Unit
This show is so great! Season 3 is definitely up there with Season 1. The Taylor's house buying decision seemed very realistic. Jason's expectations of getting a job were pretty naive but I could see him being offered an entry level one after getting the player to sign with agency. $40K is a lot for a kid with no post high school education. But I do like the fact Jason was taking responsibility to take care of his family.

It does look like there could be a chance for a season 4 with the new characters like JD, Jamarcus and others. If there isn't at least this is a very solid final season!

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
This show's in trouble if those two humdrums will become a focal point.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Student Body President runs off from school. Yeah, that's a great morale booster. That Jumbotron all more important then books, for sure!

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Maybe a new thread should be created for that since anyone waiting for the NBC run likely won't be checking this thread?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
My dear god. You look at their spring schedule and you realize why NBC is in the crapper. Law & Order will air Tuesday and repeats on Wednesday? And then two more SVU repeats on Saturday? So SVU occupies four hours a week on NBC's plan.

Jeezus. I mean, and I like that show, but NBC might as well be TNT. When Fox first came on the air in the eighties, I remember people commenting on how little programming they had. Boo-hoo this. Parker Lewis Can't Lose. Cheap sitcoms. Boo-hoo. Hell, NBC isn't even within spitting distance of those broadcast standards it appears through an entire quarter. And they gripe about revenues being down.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
So is tonight's episode a new one? I went to sit down to watch it at 9:30 and it wasn't on my DVR. Tuned to the channel and it didn't look familiar. So I set it to record the 11:00 replay just in case.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Strange, my DVR seems to not like the series link anymore. I set up a new one and it has 2 upcoming episodes now in the queue. The old one didn't have any in the queue.

Anyone else experience this? (I have the HR20 DVR.)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Patrick, is it the older "Tivo" model, or the newer model with the Directv software?

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
It's the DirecTV DVR. I also have the Tivo powered one but it isn't set to record FNL. Although the DirecTV DVR work fine I can't wait until next year when the new Tivo powered HD DVR for DirecTV is released. Hopefully it will buffer both the tuners at once so you can switch between them.

The episode that aired last night is on again Friday, (It was a pretty good episode), or if you have the DirecTV on demand you should be able to down load it to your DVR.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Thanks Patrick. I was able to record the midnight replay from Wednesday night.

Right on about the dual buffers, but I think that's the ONLY thing I like better about the Tivo model.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Some of the female characters can be exasperating in their choices in men.

At least Matt is getting some PT on the field now.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
I missed this week. HR20 behaving the same as yours, Scott. I just reupped the series link. First misstep for the HR20 in a couple years for me. I was hoping to watch it on directv.com or nbc.com but they don't appear to have it. I'm sure I'll find it, but this is annoying.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I have the HR21 so I don't know, does the HR20 have a network connection? If so can use DirecTV's VOD service and download the episode to your DVR.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
That was the emmy consideration episode last night. Good stuff. I loved everything about "The Giving Tree" story, because I had thought exactly that about Tyra for a while, and several here seem to agree.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Interesting. Wasn't one of my favorite episodes. Not enough drunk Riggins! I thought the scene with Julie and her mom was very well done. Emmy-worthy for Connie Britton.

And I'll reiterate what I've said before...if the JD McCoy character will be a focal point next season (if there is one) then the show is in trouble. It's too bad because his story has potential (starting QB, rich family, overbearing dad), but his character puts me to sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks