What's new

French "Dogville"-DVD (1 Viewer)

Nick TH

Auditioning
If anyone wants the Korean LE but can't find it in stock, then Movietyme.com have just put it up on their site for $36.60/£19.99.

Sten F

Second Unit
Just ordered the "VERY" Limited Box Set edition from Movietyme. They seem to be the only one left on the Intenet, from where one can order this version...

... well, that is if you don´t want to pay $100.00 eBay, which I saw a copy beeing sold for!!!

Kai Zas

Second Unit
I just bought myself the Korean edition, just the discs, not the extra stuff, from YesAsia.

(Together with the military edition of Band of Brothers and the leather book edition of Dances With Wolves.)

Doug R

Supporting Actor
Anyone know what retailers still have the deluxe box set in stock? I wish I had checked this thread earlier. I ordered from DVDASIAN but it's currently out of stock.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sten F

Second Unit
If you would have bothered to look 2 post up, you would have noticed Movietime has it.

I believe Polk Industries also has it, but is alot more expensive.

Doug R

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the rude comment. It was totally necessary, thanks!

My post inferred IN STOCK.

Oh and I just searched for the Dogville box set at Movietyme and they DON'T have it in their catalog. Oh and here's what Poker (not Polk) Industries said about it: "This title is currently OUT OF PRINT. We are no longer accepting orders for it."

I accept your apology.

Sten F

Second Unit
Your right. It´s sold everywhere on the Internet.

All these places says "Out of Stock."

AsianDB
KoreanPoP
DVDAsian
PokerIndustries
DiscEmporian
DVD.CO.kr
HanBooks
YesAsia
HKFlix
Xploited
IlikeDVD.kr
nspin.kr
MovieTyme

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
I bought the Korean DVD from the HTF sponsor Lasers Edge. I ordered it the 3rd, I think, and chose the slowest shipping, but it got here in just a few days. It says on the web site that it's not released yet, but I can attest otherwise.

I had no idea it was hard to find (I hadn't seen this thread) so I just now double-checked LE's web site. Yep, do a search on Dogville and there it is. I paid full price and now it's on sale. I should have waited. Mine didn't come with the posters and pictures though, just the nice case, the book and the 2 DVDs.

I'd held off on watching it until my friend Michelle could come over and see it, which happened last night. We loved it! I'll definitely go see it in the theater here when it opens, and, depending on the extras, buy the US DVD too.

Sten F

Second Unit
Lasers Edge are just selling the standard 2-disc version of the Korean Dogville. It doesn´t mention anything about the LE version anywhere, or even show images of it. I´m sure your information are incorrect, Vickie_M.

If they DID in fact have the Korean LE, they would naturally state it on their website, which they don´t.

Nick TH

Auditioning
I think you'll have a hard job finding the LE anywhere now as it went out-of-print last Friday.

Extortionate prices on Ebay is the remaining option.

Sten F

Second Unit
I agree with you, Nick TH.

Rumour has it that only 5000 - 10.000 were made. Whoever says they know a place from where to order it online, I find that very hard to believe. The LE went OOP in less than 3 weeks!! Amazingly fast, I´d say.

It sells for around $80.00 - 100.00 at eBay... at the moment. I´ve even seen the "Buy it now" pice listed at $ 200.00.

This price will more than likely increase in the future.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
How good is Dogville? I liked the other movies by this director that I have seen. I just wonder when they will do a US DVD release of The Kingdom (since Stephen King's Kingdom Hospital will come to TV on March 3rd).

Be Seeing You,
David Blackwell

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
How good is Dogville? I liked the other movies by this director that I have seen. I just wonder when they will do a US DVD release of The Kingdom (since Stephen King's Kingdom Hospital will come to TV on March 3rd).
I'd say it's one of Von Trier's best films. I still like Breaking The Waves the most, but I'd put Dogville as a close second.

Jeff

Roger Mathus

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Mathus
Apparently this film will open in USA theaters on March 26. They are showing the trailer here in a 6-screen theater that shows mainly art, special interest and indy films. The trailer is mainly close ups that hide the fact that it is filmed on a set without out walls for the buildings in the town.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Like Vicky I picked up the Korean 2-disc at Lasers Edge. Unlike her I live in Indy so I just saw it on the shelf. I was clueless to its existence. I was avoiding posting it just in case but since she already did so will I. I'm not region-free so it was a great option to get the film months ahead of theatrical release but months behind the rest of the world in seeing the film.

Film disc is great. Extras are loaded but pretty much the entire Cannes featurette (probably 20-40 minutes long I'd guess, didn't look) was in Danish with Korean only subs.

Also most of the interviews are Danish except the 2 with Nicole and a 1 minute blurb by David Bowie.

The art direction tests have English commentary going. The press conferences are almost 100% in English.

Call disc 2 a wash since it is really loaded but only partially accessible to those of limited linguistic skills. :)

Film is one of his best and it takes a surprising twist on his previous Golden Heart themes, even if it doesn't look that way early on. :)

Roger Mathus

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Mathus
I have not watched the entire DVD yet, but there seems to be some renewed interest in this DVD as the film will be released soon in theaters in the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks