What's new

"Free Shipping" delivery time with DeepDiscountDVD. Your experiences? (1 Viewer)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I recently placed my first order with DeepDiscountDVD.com to take advantage of their low prices and free shipping; their feedback has been consistently good from what I've read here. There is an address on their site from Itasca IL; is that where they ship from? I live about two hours from there (Racine WI) and my order has not yet arrived, despite being shipped on Aug. 7th; that's twelve days ago! What kind of experiences have any of you had on delivery times?

RudyN

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rudy Nunez
The only time I've experienced their free shipping is when I had a backordered dvd shipped. It took 14 business days to reach me out in CA.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
They use media mail for their free shipping. I've had discs arrive anywhere from five days to two weeks after the ship date. On occasion, discs have taken as long as 30 days or more; when that has happened, DDD has typically replaced the original shipment by the time it arrives, and they pay for postage to return it.

M.

Keith M.

Second Unit
Prices are great. But the average shipping times I have experienced are about 2 weeks to Georgia. I usually have forgotten what I ordered by the time they arrive.

But Im not one of those individuals that has to have the disc as soon as it comes out. I would rather place the order and when it comes, it comes. Much better than driving all over the place, especially in Georgia traffic.

And now that BestBuy.com has canned the free shipping ($1.25 per dvd), I will be stuck ordering exclusively from DDD. :angry:

Mark Philp

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
I use them all the time and the delivery time to upstate NY ranges from 4-12 days. Don't blame them, blame the post office. Media mail is one of the slowest and lowest priority services the PO has. Unlike many, I'm never in a rush to get my orders so it doesn't matter to me, but if you want it sooner, I say "you get what you pay for" or in this case what you didn't. If you don't want to wait pay for one of the expidited services. What really bothers me is when on a rare occasion I order something from some other company and they charge several dollars for shipping only to send it by media mail anyway.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for all the feedback. They seem to get rave reviews on service, but I was a little concerned about the length of time.

Exactly. Besides, I would rather be surprised by getting a shipment rather than hoping it gets here by the street date. Having said that, I have the weekend off and really wanna watch Freaks and Flying Deuces!

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Just as a follow-up example: I had discs ship from DDD a week ago (Aug. 16) and five days ago (Aug. 18). Both parcels arrived in today's mail.

M.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Well, it's the 23rd and still no DVDs and they shipped on the 7th...:angry:

Looks like I'd better contact them tonight.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
During their sale last holiday season, I placed two separate orders. The first contained a couple of Christmas gifts so I paid for "expedited shipping" which was supposed to be 3-7 days. For the second order, placed 1-2 days later, I chose free shipping. All items were in stock, there were no backorders indicated.

I received the second order first. The "expedited" order, at extra shipping cost, arrived several days later. :rolleyes

Good prices, OK service, but I wouldn't waste any money to upgrade shipping. Apparently it doesn't really make any difference. Free shipping generally gets to me within a week.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I contacted them via email last night and this morning I awoke to both the automated "just letting you know we got your email" response and a personal response asking me to contact them by phone if I still did not had my dvds. (still not here today :frowning: )

BrianP

Supporting Actor
My experiences with DDD free shipping have been very good. I live in California and it usually takes about a week to receive orders after they ship. Occasionally it can take longer but not often. My longest waiting time was 20 days for an order to arrive, but I never had a lost shipment from DDD out many orders. My only gripe with DDD is their slow shipping of pre-orders. I very rarely get a pre-order by release date, and most of the time it is because DDD doesn't ship them until after the release date.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Well, nothing again today :frowning:

I will contact them again on Friday to see how this will be resolved.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

Guess what appeared in the mail on Friday? My DVDs! Also got two discs from Netflix and just got home with three discs from the Best Buy Customer Appreciation sale! Busy days ahead!

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
My experience: They shipped on 8/17 and it just arrived in today's, 8/28, mail. That's 11 days to get from Itasca, IL to Tulsa, OK. I think I'll spring for Priority next time.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
everyone knows by now that DDD-DEEP DISCOUNT DVD bought DVD PLANET.

ALL mail order goods now ship default 4th Class (slow) out of Chicago-DDDs Main Office, I was informed by the CSRs.

Also-I used to pre-order from either of them and get all my discs on street date-maybe a day before-maybe a day or two after...now many items take 2-3 weeks.
THREE TIMES they claim to have "shipped" items and nothing arrived- not even really, really, really late....
I say: "Hmmmmmmm..."

Im wondering if they are in tough financial times, and get a load of paid orders together before they can ship; ie: using our money to purchase the DVDs, THEN sending them to us.

Or maybe some kind of 'got lost in the mail' insurance collection scheme....?

Michael Hall

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I recently placed an order for five CDs from them and sprung for Priority shipping, since my last few orders took a ridiculous amount of time to reach me (up to three weeks in one case and no less than two weeks). I placed the preorder for these discs about a month in advance so they would have plenty of time to place the order with their distributor and I would hopefully have my discs on the week of release.

Of course, this did not happen, as two of the discs, listed as "in stock" titles on their website have been on "backorder" since this past Tuesday (their release date) and the other two discs were shipped out via Priority on Thursday. Meanwhile, every other website out there has been sending their copies out without any problems, but mine probably continue to sit in Illinois, and there's no way I can cancel the portion of the order that has apparently not shipped since their cancellation process is not that easy to do, and the times I have cancelled orders with them in the past (and this has been years ago, just for the sake of reference) the employees were very rude about it.

My main gripe with them recently (and which might lend credence to your theory, Mark) is that an item will show up as in stock on the site, when you add it to the cart it will still show as in stock, and when you get your initial email with the order details, it will be in stock. Only when you get your final order confirmation do you discover it is on backorder, will not be in stock for ten days or so (if you're lucky; I've waited a month for them to get a major label CD that was still in print in stock before), and then you have to wait two weeks or so for it to arrive on top of that. You might be saving a buck in the short-run with the free shipping and "guaranteed lowest online price" but for all the hassle and difficulty in keeping track of their order system, it's just not worth it in the long-run.

In conclusion, I don't think I'll be ordering from them again in the future. Once I could understand, twice I could forgive, but when every order is surrounded with questions and inconsistencies, after a while you just don't bother anymore, and this is my finale.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks