What's new

Free Bruce Springsteen concert featuring Glen Frey tribute (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Thanks! Note that I didn't have to register, despite what some of the SD posts said. I just went to the page for the download and clicked "Buy Show."

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
If you're a vintage Springsteen fan, on the main live.brucespringsteen.net page, they are also offering a free download of a partial show from 1980. Springsteen just put out a deluxe edition of "The River" which included about 2 1/2 hours of a live show from 1980 but unfortunately the entire performance hadn't been filmed. The free audio download is for the songs they didn't have video for, so put the download together with the box set and you've got a complete show.

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
Josh Steinberg said:
If you're a vintage Springsteen fan, on the main live.brucespringsteen.net page, they are also offering a free download of a partial show from 1980. Springsteen just put out a deluxe edition of "The River" which included about 2 1/2 hours of a live show from 1980 but unfortunately the entire performance hadn't been filmed. The free audio download is for the songs they didn't have video for, so put the download together with the box set and you've got a complete show.
Thanks, Josh. My dog got me that box set for Christmas but I didn't know about the audio download. I did get the free download of the Chicago show, and it's very good. Strangely, when I imported the files into iTunes, it divided them into 3 "discs" within the overall album.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
davidmatychuk said:
Thanks, Josh. My dog got me that box set for Christmas but I didn't know about the audio download. I did get the free download of the Chicago show, and it's very good. Strangely, when I imported the files into iTunes, it divided them into 3 "discs" within the overall album.

The file attributes are set that way. Windows Media Player does something similar, but I think it gets confused if you don't put the files in separate folders. :)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
That's how they are split in the FLAC files, If you ripped a CD it would be three in length. It's kind of annoying when downloads reflect physical media but what can you do?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks