What's new

Freddy vs Jason vs ASH! (1 Viewer)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Threw me, too, although I don't think Universal ever actually owned Army Of Darkness - Dino De Laurentiis's company did, with Universal having the US distribution rights, which they sublicensed to Anchor Bay.

Again, I don't know when MGM managed to pick it up, but the newer AOD merchandise does have an MGM logo on it, and I don't think it got there by accident.

todd stone

Screenwriter
Isn't Ash short for Ashley? As in Ashley Wilkes? For some reason I've always taken that name "Ash" for granted, seeing it lumped aside common names like Freddy and Jason got me to thinkin just what kind of name is Ash, anyway? Must be short for Ashley.
what in gods name are you talking about? BLASPHEMY. It's not ASHLEY it's ASH. I know people in real life named ASH who are male.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Actually, I'm pretty sure it was specified as a nickname for "Ashley" in The Evil Dead. Not that that's any big deal; "Ashley" is as androgynous a name as "Leslie".

Okay, bad example.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
It IS short for "Ashley". In "The Evil Dead", Ash's sister Cheryl (the first to get possessed) calls him Ashley.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Isn't Ash stuck in a post apocalyptic world? I would prefer another Evil Dead film myself, the cult status only gets bigger and could probably turn a profit with a moderate budget. But Raimi makes Spider-Man films these days so that could be a problem.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
It sounds like a bad idea, but I can't help but get excited over it! I'll watch Bruce in anything, and even if this happens to be crap, you can bet that Bruce well make it worthwhile.

I'm not holding my breath though, based on Bruce's own comments.

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
As much as I love Ash....er, Bruce Campbell, I'd rather see him in another Evil Dead movie or something else entirely than this. It just doesn't do it for me. Not to rain on anyone's parade though. If it's made, I will see it.

MarcusUdeh

Supporting Actor
[c]Personally I don’t understand New Line’s need for running down a one shot deal. They need to focus back on the original franchise that started all the “Nightmare on Elm St.” series. This time around they could hire people with integrity to write and direct new films based on Freddy before meeting Nancy from the original movie. Could you image with a strong solid screenplay and direction from David Fincher? Well everyone can dream![/c]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks