What's new

Freaked on DVD (1 Viewer)

Nicolette

Auditioning
Freaked on DVD

Finally! Anchor Bay Entertainment is giving this movie a proper and well deserved DVD release, with lots of cool extras, behind the scenes material and commentary by the directors Alex Winter (of "Bill and Ted" fame) and Tom Stern (of TBS "Monkey-ed Movies" fame). Something that should have been done a long time ago. This movie rocks, it's hilarious and controversial. I can't wait to get it .:)

Bo M

Auditioning
This is such a hilariously stupid (or stupidly hilarious) movie. I'm really looking forward to picking up the DVD. Definitely Keanu's best work as Dog Boy :). What ever happened to Alex Winter anyway?

Mathew B

Stunt Coordinator
Thank God!

The UK R2 is awful. It's 4:3, and even has no subtitles. And this is a Fox release! :angry:

AaronMan

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
This movie was controversial? Why? I'd never heard of it until I saw it on Cinemax about 5 or 6 years ago. I thought some of it was pretty funny(the hammer also disguised as a milkman). Most of the jokes fell flat in my opinion though.

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
As I clicked on the title of this thread I thought "This is just going to be somebody complaining that 'Freaked' isn't on DVD." I didn't want to get my hopes up. Now I see that it's less than a month from release. Woo-hoo! :D

Kate*H

Agent
I love this movie, Mr.T dispensing beauty tips is truly classic, and the scene where the fan boy finally gets his story published, but in a tabloid, is hilarious.

yosi_sergant

Auditioning
Yeah. I couldn't be more happy to retire my VHS copy. I think I have played it so much that it is about to snap! I think that the online petitions really worked for this title. I think I read somewhere that there is a letter from Alex Winter thanking everyone for their support. Anyone seen that?

Mark Schmitt

Stunt Coordinator
Very cool. My VHS (taped off TV) was crap. Now, if only we can get a DVD of that show that Winter and Stern created on MTV many years back, "The Idiot Box". It was a sketch show and featured, among other things, Winter as a flying gimp.

Mark Schmitt

Stunt Coordinator
Ah. I was just googling Winter and Stern for info on "The Idiot Box" where it took me to the fan site for Alex Winter, run by (I assume) the same Nicolette that started this thread. Thanks! Well, I signed the petition for "The Idiot Box" on DVD. Maybe he should include a provision from MTV to release it as part of the deal for directing their Napster movie.

yosi_sergant

Auditioning
I think that the title sequence for this film is amazing. I honestly would rank it in my top five (next to se7en, Delicatessen, Resevoir Dogs, The Island of Dr. Moreau, 007). Stop motion madness to a Henry Rollins theme...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks