1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

FPTV: How to deal with cathedral ceilings and windows?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Karim Nogas, Sep 16, 2001.

1. Karim Nogas

Karim Nogas Stunt Coordinator

The only room where I could possibly set up FPTV has both of these drawbacks.
    Is it still possible to deal with these shortcomings?
    I'm actually worried more about the windows as I have 8 large ones (5 on one side, 2 on another, 1 on the third wall). The fourth wall has a patio door. There is also a five-sided window near the top of the ceiling (damn the architect!)
    I currently have a RPTV set-up but the itch for something better has arrived...

2. Kimmo Jaskari

Kimmo Jaskari Screenwriter

Well, there is no law that states you have to mount the projector in the ceiling. [​IMG]
    You can create very tasteful and attractive installations where the projector is mounted at floor- or table level. Perhaps inside a specially built table?
    The windows are a bigger problem; don't know how nice looking blackout curtains are when not pulled down. Still, depends entirely on your budget how nicely things get solved, I'd guess.
    ------------------
    /Kimmo

3. John-D

John-D Stunt Coordinator

Go for a digital projector with >2000 Lumens rating. Some of them are bright enough and actually look better with some ambient light.