What's new

Fox's 'THE MOMENT OF TRUTH'. (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Oookay, this is no longer fun. The woman tonight was just plain evil, plus i've had my fill of seeing people WILLINGLY destroy their families for money.

The episode tonight was the ultimate and absolute low for TV.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
You got to love that she did it all for nothing. :)

She knew what she was doing. You could tell from her comments that she was wanting to get this stuff out and I guess she felt like national tv was the best place to do it. LOL

And she said she was a good person!

I must say that the husband was being way too calm. This means that either he knew all of this before hand, or he is building up pressure and will snap in a few days a kill her.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Honestly, I think she was just looking for an easy way out of the relationship. What better way to fess up to your husband that you don't really want to be married anymore and that you cheated on him, than to win money at the same time. However, I do believe that she really thinks shes a good person. and she might be. Honesty, I don't know how her husband is with her or his skeletons, so who am I to judge her? I got the impression he was very controlling simply by the fact that they had no kids and no friends.

I think this show is rigged. I mean seriously, every time I see someone get pretty far, they get caught in a lie, which shocks them for being honest. and its usually a lame question. Think about it, after admitting to cheating, and wanting out of your marriage, what else left is there to get in the air? nothing, so the networks figure "lets end this now that its going to get boring". Lie detector tests are faulty anyway, I think that 3 episodes is enough for me to be done with this show.

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
Loved how the host kept giving the warning messages at commercial breaks about how bad this was going to be. Big build up to nothing yet again. No marrige destroyed. I was hoping it would be another Jenny Jones interview situation where you find out at the end the husband killed her in the parking lot, but no such luck.

I think the whole thing was fake anyway. Hell, the husband came up and hugged her at the end of it! And the father "You are a good person, you really are." Please. If what she was saying was true, except for the part where she thinks she is a good person, which was the only lie she said all night, then we know she steals money, she cheats on her husband and she wants out of the marrige.

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
That was the funniest thing I have ever seen on TV....all of the bashing your life for money, which ended up being the big sum of $0.00....and the show host acting like he is concerned for her life, when you could just see the "the ratings will be great" look on his face, and she got deeper and deeper into throwing her marriage out the window. I guess they live in a no-fault state, so she get's half anyway when he leaves her, even if it was her who cheated...so she will get her money, freedom, and embarrass her husband on national TV to boot....but she is a nice person (at least she is willing to lie on that one, and loose all of the money...so he can't get half of that money either when he leaves her...)

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan

I don't think he knew but I think he had suspicions. It was obvious their marriage wasn't so hot to begin with. You gotta question his intelligence too. I mean, who heck marries a criminal that they arrested. I mean, she wasn't that hot.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Pretty sickening, this last episode. Wow. If I were him, I'd have walked out immediately and said "bye". This show went to absolute the gutter fast. Then again, I think that's what you get when you have Jerry Springer people on as contestants. I wonder if they were just that kind of desperate for the $$.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
It is very obvious that the game is rigged. All the questions were black and white / yes or no answers. Then, suddenly, they ask a question that is completely not black and white. It is like they decide they have had enough and put that question in to stop the game.

They should not be able to ask "do you think" or "do you feel" type questions. They should stick to ones that have a definite right or wrong answer.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
So she is an actress? Doesn't suprise me. I don't get that people find these type of shows entertaining.

Just watched the clip on Youtube with her and all I have to say is, even if she is telling the truth and all this is real, she looks like such a lowlife when the host asks her, do you want to continue for $200,000? It's like might as well....ugh, shows like this make me ill.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

And obviously this is her attempt at becoming famous. A sex tape will probably be next

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member

Your feelings about divorce court and laws favoring women is noted, and believe me, I do understand where it comes from, but I just have to ask... what do you suggest she should get? Nothing? I mean, the premise is that she put something into the relationship, and thus is entitled to something. Then it just becomes a question of "how much". Courts tired of trying to determine which partners contributed more to a relationship and thus which is entitled to more when it dissolves. Thus the laws we have.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

In the case of infidelity, in other words, cheating, I think the contract should become null and void. If you break certain terms of any other contract it can nullify. Barring a pre-nup, you don't really sign any legal marriage contract per se. But, if a partner breaks the vow of marraige and fidelity then, that partner should be SOL when it comes to the spouse having to pay the other partner for their infidelity. Why should a partner expect to get paid for breaking the marraige vow? And especially in this case when one of the partners aired it in front of a national audience to make money, probably in the hopes of being able to walk out on her Husband.

Besides, it's all antiquated anyway. I could see how 50 years ago alimony to the woman made sense and women were a lot more dependent on their husbands in those days. But it's a much different world now and women are much more capable of making it on their own now. I get angry when I hear a partner argue about what they were "accustomed to" in a marraige.

Lest you think I am spewing venom against women, I believe the same deal should apply to men as well. However, as you said, divorces tend to heavilly favor women.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan

I read that today too. She says she wants to get back with him but he doesn't want to. Go figure. :rolleyes

She wasn't bad looking on the show, but that photo of her on the "modeling" website is hideous.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
She should get to keep everything that he walked into the marriage with. Her half.

:)

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
While I missed the episode, there are a couple strange things about what I've heard since it aired.

1. The thing that bothered me from the only time I saw it, they say that the lie detector questions are administered before the show. So, the woman knew exactly what she was going to be asked. There is no "surprise" in the show. It is indeed acted.

2. The host stated that when the show was over, he went to talk to the husband, and tell him how sorry he was. The husband just looked at him and said "Yeah, we were so close to the money.". The host said that he knew something was up. The husband wasn't bothered by what happened, only that they didn't win the money.

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
All questions are known before a polygraph test, even in the non game show world. There are never surprises. The difference with the show is I think the surprise comes in because they ask a lot more questions backstage, and only ask about 50% of them on stage, you just don't know which ones are going to be asked and in what order.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
I use to watch the show when it was Weds or Thurs. But really lost interest in the thing. People's truth are not entertaining enough to keep me locked in. Saw Monday's episode on youtube and I have to say, you really got to wonder if this was all a clever ploy to get viewers to watch for the first time or get viewers to come back. My guess would that the show after the bombshell show will have a bigger number of viewers looking for something juicy. Good strategy to get the viewers back but keeping them is a different story.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks