What's new

FOX...the 1948 Preston Sturges classic UNFAITHFULLY YOURS (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Hilarious movie, badly remade in 1984 with Dudley Moore. The original 1948 version stars Rex Harrison and Linda Darnell and is superb. The Laser and VHS releases were poor. How about a DVD release to tie in with the Criterion editions of SULLIVAN'S TRAVELS and THE LADY EVE...?

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Sounds like an excellent idea to me - I love Preston Sturges! If Fox does release this, it would be nice if they gave it the special edition treatment. I don't see that happening though! I guess I'd be happy with just the movie. Give it up, Fox! :)
------------------
sgon.jpg

"Death's at the bottom of everything, Martins - leave death to the professionals!"
"Mind if I use that line in my next Western?"
[Edited last by SteveGon on August 26, 2001 at 12:09 AM]

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I wholeheartedly agree. I would really love to see Fox add more classic titles to their release schedule, and this would be a great addition to Fox's DVD catalog.
- Walter.
[Edited last by Walter Kittel on August 26, 2001 at 12:10 AM]

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
What would be even sweeter would be if Fox released a double-feature DVD of both the Preston Sturges films they control:
UNFAITHFULLY YOURS (1948) & THE BEAUTIFUL BLONDE FROM BASHFUL BEND (1949, the only film Sturges wrote & directed in technicolor)
Actually, Fox also controls an earlier film scripted by Sturges, THE POWER & THE GLORY (1933), which is somewhat similar to the later Orson Welles classic CITIZEN KANE (1941, RKO), and is quite good. Perhaps a Fox collection of two or three Preston Sturges DVDs is the answer. Whatever the case, I'll buy it, if Fox will release it.
Please, Fox, release more of your 1930s-1950s catalog (and SUNRISE (1927)) on DVD!
[Edited last by Peter M Fitzgerald on August 26, 2001 at 05:24 PM]

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Completely agree. I just saw my first Sturges' with Criterion's Sullivan's Travels and instantly fell in love. I'm ready to support any future releases.
------------------
"It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen"
S&S Challenge: 72 ...25
DVD BEAVER

My DVD Collection

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
Count me in, too! I'll buy any Sturges-related release from any studio. I think I already own all the Sturges LD's; however, as Peter pointed out 'The Power and The Glory' would be making its digital debut.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I'm in the recent converts camp too. Anyone who read my review of Sullivan's Travels knows that it made quite an impression.
------------------
Link Removed | Burt Lancaster is Link Removed | dOc

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks