What's new

FOX Please release new TODD-AO tranfers of CLEOPATRA and DOCTOR DOLITTLE on blue (1 Viewer)

L BENDER

Agent
Real Name
larry
These TODD-AO productions will look great on blue. Transfers from 70mm sources Please!

Greg_M

Screenwriter

These will come in time. All of the FOX Todd-OA films should look excellent on Blu- ray and Fox is aware of that. Also:

Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines
The Agony and the Ecstacy
Star!
Hello, Dolly!

"Can-Can" was supposely filmed in Todd-AO but the last DVD had some element problems which I was told could be corrected but it will take time, but it should also look good on Blu-Ray

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
If they ever do STAR! on Blu-ray, I hope they're rethink that sepia wash they bathed the entire picture in. It didn't look like that theatrically, and the laserdisc didn't look like that.

L BENDER

Agent
Real Name
larry
When CLEOPATRA is released I hope that they place the opening music for second half at the start of the second disc where it belongs instead of at the end of the first disc.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Cleopatra in Blu-ray will more than likely have the whole film on one disc. It sure is irritating the way they did it on the DVD.

ajabrams

Second Unit
Real Name
Alan Abrams
I also look forward to nice deluxe (no pun intended!) BD of CLEOPATRA.
I'd also like to see a BD of OKLAHOMA's Todd-AO version. I remember how thrilling the laserdisc version seemed when it was released and I'm hoping that Fox is planning a redo, especially since the last SD version was such a disappointment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks