What's new

Fox is still releasing a lot of classic in Spain, never released in USA (1 Viewer)

Stefan Andersson

Second Unit
I´ve e-mailed DaaVeeDeeDVD, the American retailer of worldwide DVDs. They´re aware of the many US titles released in Spain. They´re maybe a good alternative in case of difficulty ordering from Spain.

jcb07

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
j. c. bartolomei
Register first. It will simplify the ordering process then, finish listing the DVDs in the basket(cesta), hit basket(cesta de la compra). Once there hit "tramitar pedido". This will take you to an identification page (pagina de identificación). You have to enter your e-mail and your ID (same as you used when you registered). Hit "tramitar pedido" and this will take you to the next page "Datos de envio y forma de pago", which contains the shipping address and a summary of your order for your review, and information regarding payment form (forma de pago). Under "forma de pago" you enter the credit card name(mastercard, visa, etc.) and the card number. After doing this you hit "tramitar pedido" at the botton of the page. Doing this will take you to a Bank Form where you enter again information about your credit card. This time it is for your bank approval. If approved, you will get a thank you notice and that's it!
It will take approximately 21 days to receive the parcel, eigthteen days for handling and about two to three days for shipping. Shipping is with DHL and you have to sign a delivery notification, in other words, you or someboby else, have to be home when they deliver the parcel.
Shipping and handling is 35 EUROS for five or less DVDs. Try to group your DVDs in group of five so you get the most for the S&H charges. In the last eight month I have placed more than ten orders of five DVDs each, and the average cost per DVDhas come to about $20. The average cost with other companies in Spain,like Impulso,starscafe,fnac, is aroung $28.
El corte ingles deduct the iva(added value tax) from the order for customers who live outside the European Union. This represents a saving of about 17%. Others like impulos or starscafe don't. At least that has been my experience. They also have sales. Right now they have a sales of 35% off of any order of three or more DVDs. It only last until the end of August. So now is the time to place an order.

Barrington

Auditioning
Real Name
John Gleeson
I keep getting the same problem with a page "Datos del cliente > ficha completa.
It will not accept a US phone number.

UPDATE: type phone numbers without spaces

Miguel M Santos

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Miguel M Santos
Originally Posted by Barrington
I keep getting the same problem with a page "Datos del cliente > ficha completa.
It will not accept a US phone number.
I'm entering a standard area code plus 7 numbers.
I haven't use them, but have you tried the international version? i.e. the +1 or 001. For example, if you are calling a London number in the UK it starts with 020 71234567. If you need to call it from abroad, it's 004420 71234567 or +4420 71234567 - note that one zero is gone. 0044 or +44 is the international code, as 001 or +1 is for US.

jcb07

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
j. c. bartolomei
It did accept mine, area code plus seven digits with no spaces in between.

Nick Eden

Stunt Coordinator
Thinking about placing an order with StarCafe in Spain. Can't see any details on the web page re out of stock items, so perhaps someone can answer this for me. If I place an order of say 8 titles and some are out o stock, some ship in 48 hours and some in 5 days, how is the order processed? Would Starcafe wait until everything was in stock? Or would they post what is available on a day to day basis and if so, how would that influence the postage costs. Any help much appreciated.

speedspin

Agent
Real Name
Dafydd Jones
My orders with Starscafe have all been held until everything came into stock and, when they had, I was sent one parcel with everything in it. I don't remember selecting this an option when placing the order...it just happened by default. They keep you fully informed by e-mail as to when every title in your order comes into stock. Then you get an e-mail to let you know when the final package is on its way.
I've found Starscafe customer service to be very good and delivery to the UK is quick. I have nothing but praise for them.

Barrington

Auditioning
Real Name
John Gleeson
Thanks Miguel and Juan. I tried all sorts of variations until all numbers-no spaces and it accepted that. I also learned not to expect any help from customer service. All I got was an email response saying phone numbers are definitely required.

jcb07

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
j. c. bartolomei
Don't give up! Continue the process until the end. Your reward will be classic DVDs from Fox that no other outlet sells, like Suez, Under Two Flags, Diplomatic Courier, etc,etc'.

Barrington

Auditioning
Real Name
John Gleeson
Thanks to your help I was able to register and get an order through for Night People, Violent Saturday, Diplomatic Courier, Under Two Flags and 55 Days At Peking.
Also am taking your advice to order more before the month ends so I have been combing the site for titles.

lionel59

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael Robert Lionel Evans
Hi all,
I just picked up THE WORLD IN HIS ARMS from a Big W store in Melbourne today (AUS$8.83). Great transfer. I think Bounty's quality is improving. Have not checked out the other new ones yet. Getting back to Spanish releases, does anyone know what the quality is like on YOU GOTTA STAY HAPPY (Joan Fontaine,James Stewart, Spanish title VIVA LA VIDA)? Also, it is available through some Ebay sellers but does anyone know of a European website which is selling it? Fritz Lang's BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT has been released in the UK. Shot in Superscope, it seems to be a flat release. Were Superscope movies shot flat (ie fullframe) with the intention that they be zoomed in on by projectionists as with 1.85 to 1 films? Thanks, Mike

kagemusha98

Second Unit
Real Name
Ken Koc
I was in Madrid yesterday and I picked up.. "I Know Who You Are and I Saw What You Did" with Joan Crawford
" In Love and War"
" Leo the Last"
I wanted to get "Diplomatic Courier". It was sold out! Last when I was there there were 20 copies! Why is there no interest in the US for classic titles?

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Originally Posted by Ken Koc
I was in Madrid yesterday and I picked up.. "I Know Who You Are and I Saw What You Did" with Joan Crawford
" In Love and War"
" Leo the Last"
I wanted to get "Diplomatic Courier". It was sold out! Last when I was there there were 20 copies! Why is there no interest in the US for classic titles?
Whenever I've been in Madrid I've always loved browsing the DVDs in El Corte Ingles and FNAC for all those classic films (I feel like another trip coming on!). I've never understood why it is that Spain issues so many classic titles compared, it seems, to almost any other country.

lionel59

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael Robert Lionel Evans
Hi again Ken, What is the quality like on IN LOVE+WAR? Is it anamorphic? Thanks a lot Juan for the tip re YOU GOTTA STAY HAPPY. Cheers,Mike

kagemusha98

Second Unit
Real Name
Ken Koc
IN LOVE AND WAR is in stereo but alas it's not anamorphic. I'm thinking about buying YOUNG BESS to see if if the transfer is any better that the very disappointing Warner Archive VOD .

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Originally Posted by Ken Koc
IN LOVE AND WAR . . . . alas it's not anamorphic.
That's really disappointing, really annoying. Why do Fox in Spain release some movies on anamorphic DVDs and some not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks