What's new

Fox Cinema Archives Debuts 18 New Classic Films on DVD starting March 18! (1 Viewer)

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I placed an order for Woman's World which should be here by end of week. I almost placed an order for The Opposite Sex which plays on TCM Wednesday night. MGM remake of the Women. I still might but I had place an order for Friendly Persuasion because I was tired of waiting for the the BD.

GregoryMesh

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gregory Mesh
Amazon added pre-orders for June 3 titles. Currently priced at 19.98

Blood and Steel is listed as "Shown in 4:3 letterbox format using the highest quality source material available."
aa.jpg
ab.jpg

ac.jpg
ad.jpg

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Crack Up is a film ,with Peter Lorre , that I've been waiting on . I'll order as soon as the price drops .

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I viewed Woman's World last night. I would tell people to wait until the price drops if you really want this movie. I would rate the quality about a 5 out of 10.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Mark Collins said:
I viewed Woman's World last night. I would tell people to wait until the price drops if you really want this movie. I would rate the quality about a 5 out of 10.
What's the aspect ratio?

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Mark Collins said:
Sounds like I'll be keeping my Spanish import.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Robert it is 4:3 Letterbox and if people did not like Forever Amber I really do not think they will like this one. I just wanted a copy that was not pan and scan so that is why I bought it. Amazon has a review of the film too.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I just went to Amazon and here is what they state Shown in 4:3 letterbox format using the highest quality source material available.

Just as someone has said before these Fox Archive titles really are not worth 20 bucks.

I have only bought one that knocked my socks off and that was as we all know Beneath the 12 Mile Reef.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Mark Collins said:
Robert it is 4:3 Letterbox and if people did not like Forever Amber I really do not think they will like this one. I just wanted a copy that was not pan and scan so that is why I bought it. Amazon has a review of the film too.
Thanks Mark, I probably won't be buying this one at any price.

lionel59

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael Robert Lionel Evans
Mark, I can't see the review at amazon.com of the current dvd release of WOMAN'S WORLD
The print shown in LBX on FMC was excellent, exceeded by the LBX Spanish transfer, which I just received a copy of last week. The sound is stereophonic on the Spanish dvd. I would recommend fans of the movie purchasing that (pressed, PAL) disc from amazon.co.uk or an amazon.es seller.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Michael I am afraid I did not see that airing. I just know that you can see a grain in some shots and I just do not think it is worth 20 bucks with delivery. I would advise people to wait until the price is down. The review was just about the aspect ratio sorry about not making that clear. I think the key word they used was

"using the highest quality source material available" which we all know is red flag. I will say Fox did not put that up before the start of the movie as they have others.

The movie has such great shots of New York that it is just to bad is could not have looked better. I want Boy on a Dolphin and King of Khyber Rifles and Prince of Players so I suppose I will buy what ever they give me on those. What does the poor classic movie lover do?

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
lionel59 said:
Mark, I can't see the review at amazon.com of the current dvd release of WOMAN'S WORLD
The print shown in LBX on FMC was excellent, exceeded by the LBX Spanish transfer, which I just received a copy of last week. The sound is stereophonic on the Spanish dvd. I would recommend fans of the movie purchasing that (pressed, PAL) disc from amazon.co.uk or an amazon.es seller.
Is the Spanish DVD anamorphic?

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
lionel59 said:
No. It's LBX but very good and (to my ears) in Stereo. I'd say it has to beat the Archives (disaster) version.
Thank you. I'll wait until Fox revisit this title and then hand it over to Twilight Time!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rekhasharmatdiu
Recent bookmarks