What's new

Fox Catalog Titles For February (1 Viewer)

Charles H

Screenwriter
DVD PLANET is posting MAKING LOVE, THE BOY IN BLUE, BLOOD AND WINE, THE LAST AMERICAN HERO for release on February 7, 2006. Fox musicals WEEKEND IN HAVANA, DADDY LONG LEGS (originally scheduled as a Studio Classic), and PIN-UP GIRL are coming out 2/21. Volume 1 of "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea" (tv) is also being released.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
I was very surprised about the Alive Faye musical and the Betty Grable musical. Too bad about the title - Pin Up Girl - it
s not one of her stronger films and may not sell well enough to convince Fox to do more.

RafaelPires

Supporting Actor
Finally!!!!! Some Fox Musicals!!!!! Best news ever!!! Astaire, Faye and Grable. Keep them coming Fox!!

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
I must have missed this news. The Last American Hero is an excellent, exciting character study. The Key Video went OOP years ago, was panned and scanned from 2.35:1 and I have longed to see it again - on DVD - in OAR.

Here's DVD Savent's review

What a nice surprise!

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
THE LAST AMERICAN HERO was one of my favorite films of the 1970s and a genuine classic in its own way. Delighted to to get it on DVD.

Not everyone likes BLOOD AND WINE, but I like it very much among Rafelson's noirs. Another solid collaboration with Nicholson. The supplements are plentiful. At my present rate, this one should be out of the shrinkwrap in about 12 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks