1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Fox Catalog Titles For February

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Charles H, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Charles H

Charles H Well-Known Member

DVD PLANET is posting MAKING LOVE, THE BOY IN BLUE, BLOOD AND WINE, THE LAST AMERICAN HERO for release on February 7, 2006. Fox musicals WEEKEND IN HAVANA, DADDY LONG LEGS (originally scheduled as a Studio Classic), and PIN-UP GIRL are coming out 2/21. Volume 1 of "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea" (tv) is also being released.

2. Mark Cappelletty

Mark Cappelletty Well-Known Member

Finally! BLOOD AND WINE is a really good, underrated thriller.

3. Joe Caps

Joe Caps Well-Known Member

I was very surprised about the Alive Faye musical and the Betty Grable musical. Too bad about the title - Pin Up Girl - it
    s not one of her stronger films and may not sell well enough to convince Fox to do more.

4. RafaelPires

RafaelPires Well-Known Member

Finally!!!!! Some Fox Musicals!!!!! Best news ever!!! Astaire, Faye and Grable. Keep them coming Fox!!

5. Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy Well-Known Member

I must have missed this news. The Last American Hero is an excellent, exciting character study. The Key Video went OOP years ago, was panned and scanned from 2.35:1 and I have longed to see it again - on DVD - in OAR.

Here's DVD Savent's review

What a nice surprise!

6. Richard--W

Richard--W Banned

THE LAST AMERICAN HERO was one of my favorite films of the 1970s and a genuine classic in its own way. Delighted to to get it on DVD.

Not everyone likes BLOOD AND WINE, but I like it very much among Rafelson's noirs. Another solid collaboration with Nicholson. The supplements are plentiful. At my present rate, this one should be out of the shrinkwrap in about 12 days.

7. Junior_V

Junior_V Well-Known Member

WEEKEND IN HAVANA[​IMG] Carmen Miranda rocks!!!