What's new

Fox Catalog DVD's (From New Label - Twilight Time) (1 Viewer)

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
If they ship worldwide, I stand corrected. However, it is very rare for such "exclusive" sites to ship outside of the domestic market.

If this outfit does, it's the first time I've every encountered it!

gunthertoody

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David
Like the Disney Treasures, I think whenever a studio limits production off the bat it's stupid for the studio and harmful to consumers.

westumulka

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Wes Tumulka
Originally Posted by Nebiroth
If they ship worldwide, I stand corrected. However, it is very rare for such "exclusive" sites to ship outside of the domestic market.

At the moment the site seems to indicate that these will ship worldwide - they certainly do with their film score CDs, which are also exclusive limited editions.

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Originally Posted by Nebiroth

It's usually only the studio themselves who will not ship outside their domestic market although even the Warner Archives titles are available for world wide shipping from several e-tailors. if this Twilight Time series was being made available only from the Fox website then no doubt they would only have shipped domestically but these DVDs are being supplied by Screen Archives which is an independent set-up and I'm in no doubt that they will ship world wide. But in any case, instead of speculating about their shipping policy for these titles, why not just ask them?

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
Originally Posted by gunthertoody
Like the Disney Treasures, I think whenever a studio limits production off the bat it's stupid for the studio and harmful to consumers.
It's not what I would prefer either, but at a time when studios are so concerned about getting burned with excess stock that they'll offer a lesser product and tell us we have to like it, this seems like a reasonable middle ground.

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
speaking of Pat Boone-"Bernardine" !!!!
Would love that one to come out as well !!!
How about a PAT BOONE set-"April Love", "Bernardine", and "All Hands On Deck" !!!!!

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Quote:
AlanP said:
/forum/thread/306804/fox-catalog-dvd-s-from-new-label-twilight-time/60#post_3764070
Hey don't forget MARDI GRAS too
Don't forget the already forgotten The Yellow Canary, another Fox movie.

The truth is that Pat Boone and his fans have had a pretty raw deal from DVD. Pat Boone was a big star in the late 1950s and sold a lot of records and movie tickets. Apart from State Fair which was smuggled out almost in secret as part of a double bill on the DVD re-release of the original version, Pat Boone's movies so far have been impossible to find on DVD.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
AlanP said:
which was smuggled out almost in secret as part of a double bill on the DVD re-release of the original version, Pat Boone's movies so far have been impossible to find on DVD.
We did get Journey to the Center of the Earth, but certainly his musicals made during his first flash of movie fame and which propelled him to rank as the #3 box-office star of 1957 have deserved more attention.

ChuckWL

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chuck
BradleyS said:
(or the equivalent), not stuff like old Lon Chaney silents. I'm not so optimistic to think the Warner Archive will still be burning copies of these old films ten years from now, as the market moves to streaming and the fan base for these older films begins to die off (sorry to be blunt.)

And for those who say they would never stream or download: if you could subscribe to something like "Warner On-Demand" for $20/month (for instance) and get instant access on your television to every film in the MGM, RKO, and Warner Bros. library, you wouldn't do it?

To stay on topic: do folks prefer this Fox program, with its pressed discs and booklets, if it means one film a month, vs. the Warners program, which is lower quality but more prolific? Also, the Warners discs can be purchased for between $10-$15 with deals, while it looks like the Fox discs will be $20 plus shipping. Is the extra $5 worth it? I'm just interested to see what people think.
Lets not forget that on demand also means digital download sell thru or EST (Electronic Sell Thru). The market for sale of films will not go away it will just change from physical to digital file. The studios are already working on Ultraviolet to be announced in a few weeks at CES. Yes rental will be an option in this new digital world but there will also be a buy now button next to those rental buttons.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Originally Posted by Jay E

And I will also state my hopes of seeing The Incident make it into the 20.
Yes, fine movie. And a major role (well-acted, even) for none other than Johnny Carson sidekick Ed McMahon.

ChuckWL

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chuck
Dick said:
Yes, fine movie. And a major role (well-acted, even) for none other than Johnny Carson sidekick Ed McMahon.
+1 for me as well. A nice film and a immediate purchase!

Jobla

Supporting Actor
I too would love to see THE INCIDENT (1967) become available on DVD! That would be a must-purchase for me.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Again, remember, this series is geared to release of famous or worthy film socres on an isolated track. does the incident have a much wanted film score and, if so, who wrote it?

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
"Again, remember, this series is geared to release of famous or worthy film scores on an isolated track. does the incident have a much wanted film score and, if so, who wrote it?"

Well, their first release THE KREMLIN LETTER has an unmemorable score by Robert Drasnin and Jerry Goldsmith's score to FATE IS THE HUNTER while very good is so brief that to this day a soundtrack album has never been issued since there's not enough music to fill up a soundtrack album. So I'm not so sure that is the prime motive though I would expect that KING OF THE KHYBER RIFLES, PRINCE OF PLAYERS, A HATFUL OF RAIN and BLUE DENIM with their Bernard Herrmann scores or UNTAMED and MY COUSIN RACHEL with their Franz Waxman scores would be more likely Twilight Time candidates than THE INCIDENT or THE VENGEANCE OF ROSALIE!

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Originally Posted by Joe Caps
Again, remember, this series is geared to release of famous or worthy film socres on an isolated track. does the incident have a much wanted film score and, if so, who wrote it?
There doesn't seem to be any basis for this statement from the LA Times article. The company Twilight Time is working with issues soundtracks so it would make sense that they will try to exploit that existing market for these new releases to some extent. However, the article seems to say that the focus will be on the films

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
This has been mentioned frequently over at filmscoremonthly.com Why would Nick Redman, in charge of producing Fox classic soundtracks work on this and sell them ONLY through screen Archives, which sells film soundtracks.
Well, believe what you want to.

Richard M S

Screenwriter
It sounded to me it was an expansion of SAE's business, and where there is overlap the scores would be on isolated channels, but we should hear about - and actually be able to buy the first release in about a month, so either way it is a win-win situation IMO.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
With the launch of its first title only two weeks away, is there [COLOR= #800080]any [/COLOR]site offering THE KREMLIN LETTER up for pre-order? I would think that the Screen Archives site would since they are partnered with Twilight Time but the search engine doesn't provide anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks