What's new

Fox / Anchor Bay Wish List (1 Viewer)

EddieKE

Auditioning
Bedazzled 1967
The Innocents
Young Mr. Lincoln
Five Weeks In A Balloon
The Lost World 1960 -- what can I say? I'm an Irwin Allen fan!

walter o

Supporting Actor
Walter K,

QUIET EARTH, it was not a fox title, it was released by Skorus pictures, BU is releasing this one later this year

PANIC IN NEEDLE PARK, fox is suppose to be putting this out along with AUTHOR AUTHOR later this year

DARK NIGHT OF SCARECROW is a lorimar tv movie, and is now controlled by Warner Brothers

SOLDIER BLUE is a Avco Embassy title, so it is now in the hands of either MGM or Anchor Bsy

Justin S,

AFTER MIDNIGHT is a MGM/UA title, and is controlled by MGM (they recently re-released as a amazon exclusive on VHS)

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
I'll second and third the calls for:

Pretty Poison
Emperor of the North Pole

My old Best of Elvis Costello & the Attractions tape was distributed by CBS/Fox. I wonder where the rights to these videos now lay. Elvis' catalog has shifted labels several times since then (CBS to Ryko to Rhino). Do video rights go with the music?

I don't imagine this one coming anytime soon, if at all, but I'd love to see the Hemingway adaptation Under My Skin (based on his My Old Man) starring John Garfield and directed by Jean Negulesco. It's never appeared on any home video format.

How about a Region 1 release for a Western that has seen release in Region 4:
The Gunfighter

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Lots of great titles mentioned!

I must add in a few of my most wanted that haven't been mentioned:

Conrack
Effect of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-Moon Marigolds, The
Incident, The
Mephisto Waltz, The
Wedding, A

How about some gritty 70's blaxploiation films. "Together Brothers", "Gordon's War", "Trouble Man", "The Seven Ups".
Also I noticed fox has not released any western films. Why is this? There are a host of films they can give to anchor bay for release. Just to name a few "100 Rifles", "Take a Hard Ride", "Rio Concho's".

JulianK

Supporting Actor

Jon, a new, comprehensive Costello video collection was due in the UK a while ago, but is apparently being held up with legal problems.

Here are the details, culled from my own site:

---------------------------------------

Elvis Costello - The Right Spectacle - The Very Best of ... - The Videos; Demon; £17.99

Was due 17/1/05

Track listing includes twenty-seven promotional videos.

Bonus live performances from What’s In (#8 - Shot With His Own Gun), The Tube (Series 2 Show 2 - 4/9/83 - Shipbuilding, Every Day I Write The Book, Clubland, Clowntime Is Over and TKO (Boxing Day)), So It Goes (#11 (Lip Service) and # 16 (c.1977, No Dancing)). Countdown (Dutch TV, 30/5/79 - Oliver's Army, Accidents Will Happen, Watching The Detectives, You Belong To Me), Pink Pop (Dutch TV, 4/6/79, Lipstick Vogue, Watching The Detectives), Måndagsbörsen (Swedish TV, 21/11/83 - Big Sister's Clothes, Peace In Our Time). Extras: commentary and introductions by Costello.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Walter o - Thanks for the corrections / updates. ( I was basing some of my titles on Fox distributions as per imdb. )

I remember (now) reading that Blue Underground would be releasing The Quiet Earth but it simply slipped my mind the other evening. One of my more anticipated pending titles.

- Walter.

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan

Thanks for the tip, Julian. I wonder what the legal problems are and if there is any chance of a Region 1 release.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
I'd be very much in favor of Anchor Bay releases of these Fox films (if Fox doesn't release them themselves, or lease some of them to Criterion):

ONE MILLION YEARS BC: SE (1966-British, full British cut, Ray Harryhausen commentary/interview, Raquel Welch interview, etc)
EMPEROR OF THE NORTH (1973)
THE FLIM-FLAM MAN (1967)
THE INCIDENT (1967)
THE SICILIAN CLAN (1969-French)
THE RIVER'S EDGE (1957)
THE NANNY (1965-British)
PRETTY POISON (1968)
THE LOST WORLD (1960)
FIVE WEEKS IN A BALLOON (1962)
SPECTRE (1977)
THE NORLISS TAPES (1973)
THE OTHER (1972)
THE MEPHISTO WALTZ (1971)
THE SEVEN-UPS (1973)
THE THIRD SECRET (1964-British)
MURDER, INC. (1960)
THE ST. VALENTINE'S DAY MASSACRE (1967)
TO KILL A CLOWN (1972)
CURSE OF THE FLY (1965-British)
BACK FROM THE DEAD (1957)
SHE DEVIL (1957)
HAND OF DEATH (1962)
SPACE MASTER X-7 (1958)
THE DAY MARS INVADED EARTH (1963)
WITCHCRAFT (1964-British)
THE CABINET OF CALIGARI (1962)
SHOCK TREATMENT (1964)
HOUSE OF THE DAMNED (1963)
THE CHAIRMAN (1969)
SKY RIDERS (1976)
THE LAST AMERICAN HERO (1973)
THE GIRL CAN'T HELP IT (1956)
BACHELOR FLAT (1961)

TV series:

BUS STOP (1961)
JOURNEY TO THE UNKNOWN (1968-British)
LAND OF THE GIANTS (1968-70)

Also wanted, though unsure if Fox still controls:

THE MAN FROM HONG KONG (1975-Australian/Kong Kong)
THE EARTH DIES SCREAMING (1965-British)

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
I noticed that Porky's Revenge (1985) was on FOX Movie Channel (Channel 258 on DirecTV Satellite) early this morning (1:00 AM Central). I wonder why it isn't on DVD yet? I'd buy it. It's much better than Porky's II: The Next Day (1983) - which doesn't even have Porky in it.

Claude North

Second Unit
Pretty Poison
Beyond the Valley of the Dolls (just where is that long-rumored Criterion version, anyway?)
Valley of the Dolls (seems more likely to be released by Fox)
The Seven Minutes (not very good, but it would be fun to have for completion's sake)

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I don't care if it comes from AB, Fox or Criterion, but one of them needs to release

Bigger Than Life
Our Daily Bread/City Girl F. W. Murnau's follow-up to Sunrise

walter o

Supporting Actor
No problem Peter! :)

that title is actually should be one AB can have access to, since they had dealings with the same right holder previously, so you should ask them for that Alan Alda flick!:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks