What's new

Forgotten shows (2 Viewers)

Chris_Wa

Agent
I remember the BJ theme well "and best of all I don't pay property tax".....heh heh

I would have never believed there was only 24 eps made. Wow.

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
Another show which I would really love to see again is "David Cassidy: Man Undercover". The pilot was an extended episode of "Police Story" (itself an excellent show) in which DC played a Jump Street-type young cop who went undercover as a high-school narc.

And, a totally silly show straight outta my youth which I'd love to have again: The Kids From C.A.P.E.R. -- a live-action Saturday morning show. Anybody else remember that one?!? (I even have the album stashed away in storage somewhere...)

http://www.70slivekidvid.com/kids.htm

Also, Stephen J. Cannell's "Scene Of The Crime" (brought to memory by another thread), "Riptide", and "Richie Brockelman, Private Eye" (a Rockford spin-off starring Dennis Dugan).

And The Garry Shandling Show. Personally, I liked this one way more than "Larry Sanders"... (And, that's simply praise for the one show...NOT a knock of the other!)

I used to watch a show when I was a kid called "Werewolf" which was really great. I think it had Chuck Connors as the evil Werewolf that the main character is trying to track down.

It only lasted one season, but I'd pick it up in a second if they ever released it.

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson

The pilot was one of the first things I taped on the family's first VCR, and it got a lot of mileage. Asimov was listed as the show's creator. I'd love to see how it holds up. I still remember the theme song.

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
Another couple that just crept back into the dark corners of my mind: "My Two Dads", with Paul Reiser and Greg Evigan, and "My Sister Sam". Definitely wouldn't mind seeing those two again...

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Linda: if you're planning on buying Murphy Brown - Season 1, then you should know that a bonus disc will be included that contains a single episode of My Sister Sam. Read up!

Bonnie*F

Stunt Coordinator
For you Philip Marlowe fans, there are one set of DVD's for the series: The Philip Marlowe Private Eye Collection available from the BBC America Shop for $59.98. It doesn't say which episodes are included unlike the VHS collection "More of Philip Marlowe: Private Eye". Since this is BBC America, they are Region 1.

RobertW

Supporting Actor
two short-lived ones that i really enjoyed:

Dream Street: it seemed to try to capitilize on the success of Bruce Springsteen, basically trying to set his songs to life as it portrayed three brothers from a working class family from the streets of New Jersey. starred Dale Midkiff and Peter Frechette. i think it lasted maybe six episodes. being a huge fan of Springsteen street-opera, i loved this show.

Almost Grown: pre-Wings Timothy Daly as a radio station producer/programmer, and it flashed back between the present, the late sixties/early seventies teenage years, and then later in the seventies, chronicling his and his wife's relationship, and the music that influenced it. i remember vividly how the Del Fuegos Another Night On The Town was prominently featured in one episode. might have gotten a full season out of it. again, the music geek in me loved this one.

Kurt Schmidt

Auditioning
How about "Daktari" , a show about a Vet and a bunch of animal's like "Clarence The Cross Eyed Lion" and "Judy" the chimp. Well trained animals on that show too.

"Fury" The story about a boy and his horse. Jim Newton played by Peter Graves, Joey, Packy, and the hired hand Pete.

I would like to see those 2 shows released in DVD format.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
joe that link you provided tells you if that is on dvd or not.

not

Gregory V

Stunt Coordinator
I can think of several I would love to see again, but havent been shown in years.
Pistol n Petticoats 1 season
The Mothers in Law 2 seasons
The Brian Keith Show 2 season
The Governor and JJ 2 season
That's My Mama 2 seasons
Carter Country 2 seasons
Bob 1 season
Hot l Baltimore 1 season
Diana 1 season
He & She 1 season

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
Day By Day, with post-"Lou Grant" Linda Kelsey, pre-"Seinfeld" Julia Louis-Dreyfus, pre-"Melrose Place" Courtney Thorne Smith, as well as Doug Sheehan and Chris Barnes.

This show did a hilarious "Brady Bunch" send-up in one episode, well before Chris Barnes ended up as Greg Brady in the Brady Bunch movies.

And, speaking of "Lou Grant", I'd love to have that one as well...it was a great show.

AnnaMaria

Stunt Coordinator
Since we're talking short lived series here my votes go to:

Homefront
The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles
Maybe This Time
Ellery Queen Mysteries
Mothers-In-Law

I'm hoping that they'll start putting out more of the older shows, My Three Sons, Donna Reed, and the Lucy Shows. They've put out nibblers of Lucy but where are the season collections other than I Love Lucy?

And if they can put out The Captain and Tennille, and Tony Orlando and Dawn, where are the season collections of Donny and Marie, The Carol Burnett Show, Andy Williams and Flip Wilson. I know there are music rights and that makes it hard for the variety shows (I guess they didn't see ahead while making these shows towards syndication and reselling otherwise they could have got contracts signed back then), but if they can put out some variety shows, why not more successful ones? Why not make a deal with the music owners that they can have a percentage of sales?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks