What's new

Forgive me... Air Force One question. (1 Viewer)

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I just watched this again after having sat on the shelf for some time. Loved the movie, as far fetched as it may have been but it was great entertainment.
Near the end, Air Force One is badly damaged and cannot land. Add to that the fact that it is leaking fuel and losing altitude. The rendezvous with a U.S. troop plane and attach a cable between the two planes, then proceed to send across a couple of military personnel to rescue the remaining people on the plane before its crash into the sea.
Here is my question (and forgive my ignorance, it's late)... With time rapidly running out and AF1 losing engines by the minute, why did they not send over some parachutes to get the remaining people off?? Am I missing something?
orangeman
------------------
Neil's H.T. Site
(plus large selection of H.T.Links and movie images)

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
With time rapidly running out and AF1 losing engines by the minute, why did they not send over some parachutes to get the remaining people off??
Well that would have been fairly anticlimactic.
I thought the same thing when I watched the movie but obviously they wanted more tension so forget the parachutes and the logic.
------------------

Mike Voigt

Supporting Actor
Then again, they may not have been in friendly waters. Or had a helicopter or other crew available to pick them up out of the water.
Just a thought. I doubt anyone put a lot of thought into the movie from that perspective... it was fun but also fr-fetched...
biggrin.gif

Mike

Edwin Pereyra

Senior HTF Member
Neil, you really didn't expect the movie to end in grand fashion with the President dangling in some parachute waiting to be rescued, did you?
wink.gif

~Edwin

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Maybe they didn't have parachutes to send over.
But the movie was awful and stupid anyway, so I doubt anyone thought about that either way... the exploding tanker plane especially bothered me...
/Mike

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I beleive patrick is right. I think you require an altitude in excess of 15,000 or maybe 10,000 feet in order to parashute out. Otherwise, there will not be sufficient updraft from falling to propel the shute outwards.
cheers!
Josh (thanks to his friend in the army who tells him these things)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks