What's new

Forget about "seat-kicking" and this vid explains my theatrical experience... (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
When I see horror movies, I like going to the creepiest theater in my area (where only crackpots and weirdos go anymore). So I had a similar experience happen when I saw The Hills Have Eyes 2. I was solo and I swore this one guy was moving around a few rows behind me and so I kept looking over my shoulder convinced that I was about to be murdered. If it was a decent movie, it would have been worth the risk but The Hills Have Eyes 2 sure wasn't worth seeing let alone getting stabbed over. :)

This summer me and my buddy went and saw Hostel Part II and we were the only ones in the theaters and about halfway through the movie, I stretched and turned around and there was someone sitting in the back of the theater. We were both creeped out because it looked like he was watching us and eventually he got up and left and we saw he was an usher.

BrettV

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brett Voss

This message perfectly describes how I feel. Even at home.

I cannot believe how ignorant and rude people have become.

If they're not talking loudly during movies, kicking seats, or just being generally obnoxious, they're at home, outside, with their 2000 watt stereo blasting music for the whole neighborhood to hear.

Great post, Josh.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
When I do go, I always try to go to the earliest showing. At my local Muvico, that is often 10 or 11 am. This also usually ensures a very small crowd.

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
Went to see an Imax movie a few years ago, can't remember the title now, but there was this couple a few rows over that wouldn't shut up. After every line on screen he would lean over and be chatting to his wife. It took me a few minutes but I soon figured out he was translating every line of the movie into their native dialect for her. Luckily it was one of those Imax speciality movies, not a hollywood release, so the narration was at a minimum.

Another situation involved a friend and I going to see the Blue Man Group in Vegas. Halfway through the show a lady's cell phone started to ring. She reached into her purse and I thought "well, at least she is going to shut it off after forgetting earlier." Nope, she answered it! And started to have a conversation; "Oh hi! No we're in Vegas right now. Yeah, having a good time, we're currently watching Blue Man Group. BLUE MAN GROUP! You never heard of them? It's amazing!" The lady sitting behind her, in what I still remember as one of the most beautiful Russian accents I've ever heard, leans over and says "You are insane. Hang up your phone right this minute!" and that was the end of it.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim

Reminds me, some years ago Diana Krall performed here. During one of the interludes between songs, when Diana was 'chatting' to the audience, the phone of someone in one of the front few rows rang and it could be heard the entire hall as no song was being performed at the time. As the owner scrambled to answer it, Diana looked at the person and cheerily said "tell them you'll call back later", which elicted a laugh from the audience. From back where I sat, I couldn't tell what the person did with his/her phone and the call, though.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg

Sounds like something that happened at a Meat Loaf concert (of all things) that I went to in 1999. It was at the Beacon Theater in NY, and it was a pretty intimate show; Meat Loaf performed for about three hours, also telling stories about songs and taking audience questions. Some idiot decided that talking on his phone was more important than paying attention to this once-in-a-lifetime show, and Meat Loaf noticed the guy on his cell. It happened to have been in between songs, and Meat Loaf brought the guy on stage. After asking what could be more important than paying attention to the show and being respectful to the performer and audience, he took the phone and told the person on the other end that his friend was busy and would call back later, and also thanked him for interrupting his concert. By this point, the rest of the audience is laughing with Meat Loaf and at that guy, and he looked like he wanted to be anywhere than right in front of 2000 people, and he started to walk offstage. Meat Loaf asked, "Where do you think you're going?" and had someone bring a folding chair to the side of the stage and told the guy to sit there, so they could keep an eye on him and make sure he didn't make any other calls. Finally, Meat Loaf got the entire audience to scream a certain suggestion to him that would be anatomically impossible, and then moved on with the rest of the show.

The cell phone guy definitely was hearing it from people at the end of the show; definitely a lot of "Nice going, asshole!" and the like. I thought he should have been kicked out immediately without a refund, but I was quite happy to settle for being put in a position for the rest of the audience to give him ugly stares for the duration of the three hour show.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
yesh, people are forgetting what manners been... but oh wait... perhaps they didn't have them to begin with? :laugh:

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Wow....that dude was just as annoying as the movie going people he was going off on.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Do you know why I hate You Tube? Because it allows idiots like this talentless moron to show off their wacky comedic talents. This is the least funny, most annoying guy on the planet... :rolleyes

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks