What's new

Ford F650 Super CrewZer (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
eek.gif
I thought this was a joke when I read about it in Automobile magazine awhile ago...
Link Removed
Note the double running boards....
the 130 gallon fuel tanks. Might as well just trail a gas truck... the thing actually has Airbrakes like a 18-wheeler!!!
We're all going to hell.
Jay
------------------
HUGBEES! Link Removed
Rider in the 2001 Alaska AIDS Vaccine Ride
Wanna Link Removed

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
my car is the size of one of the CrewZer's tires. And I thought the Expedition was bad.

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
Calm down everyone. It's for hauling BIG trailers. Not for going to the mall or post office. Although I won't fault anyone for doing so. It's their car truck mini-big-rig.
------------------
Bill
biggrin.gif

mickey31.gif

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Exactly, I'm sure there will be somebody, perhaps some rock star with alot of money will buy one just because he has to have the baddest truck out there and then everybody will want one to buy to go to the local Krispy Kreme and buy a donut. I mean look at it, it's huge and it's marketed for people who want some bad-ass truck, probably meaner looking than a GMC Hummer. I mean it's got leather seats and stuff right out of any normal passenger luxo-sedan. And it offers a video console for the little ones. I can easily see some bozo buying this for their mini-van from hell....
Jay
------------------
HUGBEES! Link Removed
Rider in the 2001 Alaska AIDS Vaccine Ride
Wanna Link Removed

Tim Johnson

Agent
Calm down people. These bad boys have been out for at least 5 years, and how many have you seen on the road? I've only seen one, and that was only because I worked for a company that specialized in RV insurance and it belonged to one of our customers. I don't care how much money you have, you don't drive one of these big boys down to WalMart to pick up toilet paper.

RobHops

Auditioning
And not surprisingly, they do not qualify for the Ford 0% financing promotion that is currently going on.
------------------

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
I have a friend who works in R&D at Ford. Sounds like he has one h-ll of a job... Here's his comments:
That monstrosity bowed as a show vehicle, as I recall. It is available at $80-$120k. At that price, I don't think it represents as good of a value as some of our more plain-jane stupor doodies. E.G., you can get an F750 loaded out for $60k. It just won't have all that garish cladding on it.
For any considering Stupor Doodies, I have to
recommend the diesel. The "pig-poker-power-stroker" (a moniker I awarded) has loads 'o torque. I was beating a pool vehicle E-350 with said engine the other day. It brake-torqued reel purty. Lots o' tahr smoke at the low end...

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
What are the powertrain options? Do they use the Navistar? How about a Cat from Ford's larger lines? On a truck like that, I'd think that the Navistar Powerstroke may not be big enough.
I've seen those around before (over the last few years) and always thought they looked somewhat like the Freightliner line up used for Ambulance/EMT use and fire/rescue.
It's hard not to like that thing. But at a price of up to $120k, it wouldn't take much more than that to buy a new Ferrari 360 (order and wait 2 years though). But I would assume that anyone that can pay cash for that super cruiser could also pay cash for a new Ferrari at the same time.
It sure is fine.
------------------
"What did Mr Spock see when he looked in the toilet? The Captain's Log."
Stolen from a BBS in 1985

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks