What's new

For Those Who Want A Richard Donner Re-Cut of Superman II (1 Viewer)

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Brando could get paid $1m for work he's already done - and the film would generate that in DVD sales, if not a theatrical rerelease.
I would love to see Donner Re-work SII. Lester be damned.
------------------
Rationality is not a commodity which is evenly distributed.
Thank you Sci-Fi channel for Season 6 of Stargate SG-1
View SpaceDog's DVD Collection

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
Peter,
I never intended this to become a Richard Lester bashing thread, and it isn't. Lester is not the villain in the "Superman II" debacle. The producers are to blame.
The music and the effects are both major concerns of course. But right now, I will just be happy with a commitment to restore Donner's footage, and worry about the technical aspects later.
The Brando scenes are the backbone of any Donner cut of "Superman II", so of course they are a concern.
Gene Hackman would not be needed to re-loop the dialogue done by the impersonator in II. The impersonator heard in the film is simply re-hashing dialogue already completed by Hackman in Donner's version. Gene Hackman completed all his scenes for "Superman II" under Donner's direction.
If you saw "Superman II" when it aired originally on TV in the 80's, many of Gene Hackman's scenes were extended and you can hear Hackman state the lines of dialogue that were re-hashed by the impersonator in Lester's version. I don't know what the purpose of the impersonator was. Maybe its because in the additional Hackman scenes, Hackman as Luthor refers to Donner's original opening, which of course was changed and re-shot. Regardless, you wouldn't need to pay Hackman to re-loop any dialogue as long as Donner's scenes are restored.
------------------
Please vote for a Richard Donner Re-Cut of Superman II
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/003753.html

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Lester be damned.
Okay, now you guys are just baiting me.
laugh.gif

Regards,
------------------
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks