What's new

For Metallica fans ... re: new record! (1 Viewer)

Trevor H

Second Unit
I just talked to Chad Dyer, owner of naturallywireddesigns.com he designs and runs websites for rock bands, he has an advanced copy of St. Anger so I asked him if there are any solos, this was his response:

"It's got some lead breaks, but for the most part, no there are no solos. It's just fuckin' balls to the wall crunch, rip, grind and slam.
And there's no "HOO-AH's" and "YEAH-EAH's" from James."

He also said:

"It's actually very good. I would enjoy it more if they would have gone in and re-tracked with Rob Trujillo, but what can you do"

Anyways I can hardly wait till the 10th

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the input Trevor. Good rip on Korn.:D It's truley sounds as if Metallica is taking yet another direction in their careers. I guess I'll bite.:crazy:

Alan Erceg

Stunt Coordinator
i was just gonna start a new thread on the packaging but figured i would check this one first.

I love the packaging. i was originally turned off by just the front cover, but now looking at it all, i think it is quite badass.

Hopefully the book will contain all the lyrics this time around instead of just some like the last 2 records...

Neil M

Stunt Coordinator
That packaging is awesome. There were rumors that the cd/dvd was going to be a flipper but that packaging refutes that idea. I knew Pushead did the cover art and I was originally disappointed in the cover but seeing the back, it is vintage Pushead. I can't wait for this cd....

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
That new sound clip sounds more promising than anything before.

Is it just me or does the way James sing the line "fuck it all and no regrets, I hit the lights ..." ... he sounds like Dave Mustaine :D

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
Well here is a full blown track ... the title track.

St. Anger

This is really dissapointing after all the positive hype.

Yes, it is better than Load and Reload, but it still gutless and uninspired not to mention very cut together.
These stop-n-go riffs are annoying. Can't Metallica hold a great flowing riff any longer?

Plus, that is Fred Durst I hear shouting some crap over the chorus ... this is lame.

This is also the first single, bands do not release bad tracks as singles ... so now I am really worried :thumbsdown:

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Listening to it now on my local radio station... All I have to say is, "Disappointed". I've never heard such a disjointed song, there is absolutely no flow what-so-ever. I had high hopes for a good Metallica album, and now I am going to wait and see. :thumbsdown:

-Dean-

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Maybe we have to wait until their first studio effort w/ Trujillo fully involved. I really am a fan of his playing and I think he will have a positive effect on the band.

Here's hoping...

Shawn C

Screenwriter
BAH! I just heard the new single on my local station. Thanks for ruining Metallica, fanboys.

"We want the old Metallica! Everything since Master of Puppets sucks!...Waa waaaa waaaa Load sucks and Re-Load sucked even more!!!" Thanks.

Well, it looks like Metallica was listening and have now attempted to take their music back to a place where they can't perform anymore.

Well, let's just see how the rest of the album is. I don't have a good feeling about it.

Joe McCabe

Second Unit
Yeah guys, things look pretty bleak at this point.

Not only does the song have no vibe going for it, it sounds like it was produced on a Fisher-Price "My First Soundboard" toy.

Everyone I have talked to today, echoes the same sentiments seen here. "Disjointed" seems to be the word du Jour.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I love it. Sounds like Dave Mustaine singing over some german powermetal tune with neo-grungemetal chords going on in the bottom of it all, while the drums sound like a mix between upside-down plastic buckets and oil barrels. How can you not like it?

And yes, I'm being serious. If the rest of their album sounds like this I'll be really happy. :)

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
MickeS,

Your whole post is why I don't like it. If I want to hear Dave Mustaine, I'll listen to Megadeath and if I want to hear drums that sound like they are being played on plastic buckets, I'll set some down in front of my girlfriend's 4 year old son. :)

I want an album that sounds like some effort was put into it. This song sounds worst than anything off of The Black Album, Load, or Re-Load.

-Dean-

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Please, someone tell me this is a joke? Our disc jockey in town played it today and I like alot of other Metallica fans, felt ,ugh, excuse me while I heave, disappointed . If this is the release they expect to promote the new cd, what's the rest gonna sound like? If they are trying to market this cd to the teenagers, I don't even think they'll like it. I don't know what everyone was expecting from Metallica this time around, but I sure wasn't expecting this.

Sheldon C

Second Unit
The more I hear it the more I like it, but main the production is horrible. I understand they wanted it to sound "raw", but it doesn't even sound like it's in stereo.

I still have some hope for the whole album, but it is diminished a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks