What's new

For Fans Of Olivia Newton-John (1 Viewer)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
I was looking at some old videos recently featuring one of the best (and sexiest) singers to ever pick up a microphone--Olivia Newton-John--and thought others who have enjoyed her music might also enjoy this "tribute" type thread highlighting her talents.

What's not to love about this beautiful woman from Aussie-land with a beautiful voice? (She was actually born in England, on September 26, 1948, but she was raised in Australia.)

Here's a sampling of some Olivia magic (including her eye-catching live performance of "Magic" in 1980):

"MAGIC" (1980)

"MY LOVE IS ALIVE" (1976)

"TAKE ME HOME, COUNTRY ROADS" (1972)

"A LITTLE MORE LOVE" (1978)

A '70s TIME WARP! OLIVIA, ABBA, & ANDY GIBB ON STAGE TOGETHER

I often wonder where in the world people get a lot of the old videos that pop up on YouTube? Some stuff on there seems incredibly rare and hard-to-find. Like this next entry, which is one of my all-time favorite Olivia tunes, "IF NOT FOR YOU". This video shows us a very, very lovely (as always) Olivia at age 23 in 1971:

"IF NOT FOR YOU"

Another rare video has George Harrison singing that same song in a duet with Bob Dylan in 1970 (in an outtake done during the famous "Bangladesh" concert). This video has nothing whatever to do with Olivia, but I found it an interesting video indeed, which fans of Dylan and the then-very-heavily-bearded Mr. Harrison should enjoy:

DYLAN & HARRISON

And another great old Olivia song -- "SAM" from 1975.

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor

Ehhh, I guess I prefer women with both their boobs. I'm a boob guy. But she was smokin' back in the day.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
My earliest memories of Olivia Newton-John was from Two of a Kind. Ok, crappy movie but man, what a looker. She's still beautiful and her singing ability is top-shelf.

Bruce

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Wow, I had such a crush on her:)

I remember seeing Grease 11 times when it was in theatres ..... my parent's couldn't understand why the 3 kids loved it so much:)

I was 10 when it came out:)

Brent

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Deeper Than the Night is one of my favorite Olivia songs. I also like some of her earlier, country songs like If You Love Me (Let Me Know) and Let Me Be There.

I was twelve when Grease came out and everyone in the neighborhood and I would go see it two or three times a week when it was playing in town. I think we all saw it around ten times altogether.

Hell, I even went to see Xanadu when it came out and, although the movie sucked, Olivia was beautiful and the music was great.

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I work for a Japanese company that opened in 2002. The president and senior engineers came to the USA to get the factory started. One day I had to go on a road trip with the president to visit a customer. I was apprehensive of riding in a car for 2 hours with someone who barely spoke english. We got going and ran out of things to talk about quickly. He asked if I wanted to listen to music & I said yes wondering what a 55 year old Japanese man listens to. Much to my surprise he put in Olivia Newton-John's greatest hits! Turned out not to be such a bad trip after all.
My favorite is Have You Never Been Mellow.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks