What's new

Food Network HD (1 Viewer)

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
Anyone notice that Food Network HD is now mirroring the SD channel in stretch-o-vision? Alton Brown looks really creepy. I suppose it is better than watching the same shows over and over again which is the way they had it. I can't understand why they can't put HD in HD and air the SD filmed shows in OAR like the regular networks. If people want to stretch the format, all the HD sets will do it on their own. Let the viewer decide. Bit I'm speaking to the choir here.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I'm surprised they're doing the stretch-o-vision. Before Food and sister network HGTV went to HD simulcasts on 3/31, I asked my HGTV contact how the non-HD shows would be treated and was told they would be upconverted. I took that to mean they would be upconverted SD in their OAR, but apparently I assumed wrong.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i guess these channels that include tbs-hd, tnt-hd, a&e-hd and a few others
think their viewers don't understand that most tv's can do it's own stretching.

i don't watch any of these channels unless it is airing unstretched material.

amc-hd bay be the biggest offender as even their hd programming is usually aired stretched.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks