What's new

Floorstander speaker pedestal (1 Viewer)

Patri858

Agent
Real Name
Patrick
I am going to get the new SVS STS-01's for my mains but they are not very tall. I have my seating on a riser and in order to get the tweeter up to ear level I think I will need to put them on individual pedestals that are about a foot square and about a foot or a foot and a half tall. I was just wondering, since they will be hollow inside, will this make the pedestal resonate and make a difference in the sound quality. I will be crossing over to the sub at about 80hz so not very much bass output from them to really shack them that much.

Thanks,
Patrick

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Were you going to make them yourself? If so, just enclose the entire cabinet and fill it with sand before putting the top on. That strikes me as the simplest way to assure no resonance, to me. Seal up all the seams well with some kind of caulk, so the sand doesn't leak out. It probably doesn't need to be complete full. Either that or just internally brace the housing like a subwoofer.

Patri858

Agent
Real Name
Patrick
Yup im going to make them myself. Made speaker stands that look pretty good. I will just stain the new ones so they match. Thanks for the help. I always get some good ideas

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks