What's new

Floor standing speakers for both music and H.T. use (1 Viewer)

Shiu

Second Unit
I am considering replacing my Polk Audio RTi38 front mains with a pair of floor standing speakers. I prefer neutral sounding speakers and I have narrowed my search down to the Energy C9, KEF Q7, Polk Audio RTi8, Paradign Sudio 60, and the LSI9 or LSI15. I have only listened to the LSI once or twice and was not paying attention anyway at the time. According to Polk, the LSI has better "resolution". I have listened to the Energy, KEF and the Paradign quite a bit but it is impossible to AB them. I am hoping to hear from owners of any of these speakers.

Marc H

Second Unit
All of those are great considerations and I think it will just boil down to your own personal taste. Seeing that you are in Ontario, try and audition a pair of the Dahlquist QX10A too if at all possible if you don't mind a personal recommendation. They are neutral and have the best timbre accuracy of the midfi brands I have I have experience with IMHO.

Shiu

Second Unit
I have not heard of the Dahlquist but I should be able to get some info from their website. Thanks

mackie

Supporting Actor
I have the Studio 40s which have the same driver array as the 60s and I like them alot. They are outstanding for vocals, pianos, strings, and movies. It's not the perfect speaker, but it does most things very well. They do need a lot of power and space to sound their best.

ChrisAG

Supporting Actor
Whenever I hear of someone considering the Studio 60 I always like to point them in the direction of the Mordaunt-Short 906. I almost bought the 60s, but prefered the 906s... slightly smaller, less expensive, and superior sound (IMO).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks