What's new

Floating Floor stage / Need foam. (1 Viewer)

Keith_Current

Auditioning
Hello,

Im new to the HTF and I have been lurking on all the threads here. Which I might add are very helpful.
Which brings me to a question or more of a problem.

I am at the stage of laying down my Floating floor in my basement. I plan to either use the Dri Core system or the DIY version of 2x4's and R13 Insulation.
But I am having trouble finding a store that sells the 1 inch foam separator that is laid around the edges of the room. I have already checked with Home Depot and the flooring and Building materials Reps said they don't carry it.
( I would include a picture but Im restricted until 15 posts )
Would anyone know where I could purchase or online order this material? This is needed to keep the floor from rubbing or touching the walls.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

-K Current

Michael Whitney

Stunt Coordinator
Possibly you could use the Pink rigid foam and cut it into strips to lay around the perimeter? I think it breathes and would be pretty inexpensive as 1 2'X8' sheet is only around $13.00.

Keith_Current

Auditioning
Ok that would work. Or I could use Insulation Panels. Im going to check with Lowes tonight.

Just funny that they call for this material but no one has it.

thanks for the suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.