What's new

Flipper on DVD (1 Viewer)

Brooke

Stunt Coordinator
I've read in a few different places (all rumours I'm sure) that there are plans for a "Flipper" DVD this year. There's nothing that I can see on TVshowsondvd. Anyone know anything about plans for a release. This was one of my absolute favourites growing up. I had such a crush on Porter Ricks (still do, if I'm honest).

Brooke

Stunt Coordinator
I'm positive I remember reading it at IMDB but now can't find where. There was an article in USAToday this time last year that had a vague mention of plans but only in that 'we're looking into it' way. I know I've seen mention of it here and there but don't have any specifics, sorry. As I said, I'm sure it's all just rumour - nothing concrete. I assume everything's rumour until I read it a tvshowsondvd.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Hello "Sydney, Austriala" from Dallas, TX :)
This one's a real jem of a show. Our family always watched it when I was a kid. I sure hope it's coming to DVD soon :)

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
FLIPPER (1963) and FLIPPER'S NEW ADVENTURE (1964), the two movies which preceeded the series, were released on DVD this past August. Like you, I've heard no concrete word about the series itself, though...unfortunately.

And, of course there's the 1996 Paul Hogan / Elijah Wood remake which is also available, but I don't count that in this discussion (even though Luke Halpin, the true, consistent staple of the entire Flipper franchise, appears in it).

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Don't forget about the 90s Flipper that starred Jessica Alba before anyone knew who she was.

Gord

Brooke

Stunt Coordinator
Hmm, a Flipper for every occasion, it would seem. I did buy the Flipper's New Adventure DVD last year because it had Brian Kelly in it so I figured it was as close as I was going to get to the original series. I have seen the remakes but they just didn't have the charm of the original series. Some things just don't work when you try to modernise them and this, for me, is one of them.

StacyV

Second Unit
Don't forget about the 90s Flipper that starred Jessica Alba before anyone knew who she was.
That's the one I'm waiting to be released. They revamped it after the first season and Jessica was the only cast member to return for year 2. I'd love for that debut season to be released on dvd, the only one I'm interested in.

I'd like the '60s original also.

Brooke

Stunt Coordinator
Oh no. That's very sad. Interestingly, Flipper was on TV in the background as I read this. The print is still in such good condition (better than most shows from the 80s)that I still think of him in his 30s. It's hard to believe 40 years have passed. RIP, Po.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
A search of this forum for Flipper yielded very few threads. :frowning:
I have 3 episodes I recorded years ago. And of course the 2 films that got pretty decent releases transfer-wise. Lets have the whole series!!

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Cool graph. There's nothing like crunching the #'s and data
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

I'll be all over this release as well.

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor
Be nice if MGM can actually stay with one distributor for more than 3 months. Might help with their properties getting released.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I'm definitely in for this series if it actually does get released. But I refuse to get excited until I see it up for pre-sale at a reputable site and/or until we get an official release date.
Gary "it's been at least 20 years since I've seen this show" O.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks