What's new

Flight of the Navigator DVD (1 Viewer)

Ben_J_L

Stunt Coordinator
Hi there,
Now don't laugh, and don't flame me for this, but is there any release date for one of my fav films when I was a kid? I remember seeing this film at the Acocks Green Bowling alley/cinema (2 screens) in 1986, its actually one of my first memories. I saw this film 3 times I think in total (at the cinema). The VHS video has been deleted, so I can't even buy that. I also think that Alan Silvestri's score on this film is really cool, cheesy but cool.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I'm just glad Warner doesn't own it.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Hey, nothing beats Paul Rubens as a talking spaceship, and WHAT a spaceship, twas such a cool thing. I remember seeing this theatrically too when I was little, I'd love this on DVD.
So who does own the US video rights? Disney?
Dan (UK)

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
My local mom & pop video store has a used copy of this tape for sale, and it's from Disney. I know that films have a way of changing hands, but as far as I know, "Flight of the Navigator" is still with Disney.

Antonio_M

Stunt Coordinator
I think Disney holds the rights. Hey, they are doing an awesome edition of Tron, so you never know.
Another title I am craving for is Over The Top. C'mon Fox! :)

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
i hope that disney still has the rights to it, disney knows how to do things right!
heh HTF ought to arrange a chat with buena vista/disney so we can laud compliments on them and beg for more titles (probably semi obscure) to be released. I for one would love to see a treasures dvd of some of their better nature movies like "The Hound who Thought he Was a Racoon" and "The Lovesick Moose". besides flight of the navigator, who else wants The Swiss Family Robinson, and Old Yeller on dvd?

Ben_J_L

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, even if it is released in R1 land next week, it won't be out in R2 land for at least another year.
Ho hum, I think the UK rights are with fox, I have seen the old video box, and it says "Fox family classics" on the front.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
quote: i hope that disney still has the rights to it, disney knows how to do things right![/quote]
Flashback 18 months, no would one have dared say such a thing. Got to love progression.
Ben, I agree I think Fox had it in the UK. My VHS is kinda worn out but I never binned it, it's boxed up in the attic though. You've made me want to find it now! :)
Start a thread up in studio feedback, you never know...
Dan (UK)
[Edited last by Dan Brecher on August 19, 2001 at 06:44 AM]

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
We have a copy of the VHS. Yeah, Disney owns the rights to this film still, unless something's changed in the past 6 months or so.
We've been breathlessly awaiting release of this title on DVD; it would definately be an instant purchase, even if bare-bones, as long as it had a good (anamorphic widescreen) transfer.
But, as deeply as I scan the surf-waves for news about all new releases, I haven't heard even a rumor on this one yet!
Darn it!
frown.gif
Great film (with a *young* Sarah Jessica Parker!)(I can say that; she's 5 months older than I am).
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
My 3-year-old enjoying Superman - The Movie in widescreen:
Steve_Widescreen.jpg

(Some of my DVD's are to the left side of the picture)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks