What's new

Fleischer Superman DVD question (1 Viewer)

Jack Theakston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack Theakston
TERROR ON THE MIDWAY is a short that doesn't "survive" in 35mm... that is to say, none of the companies could find one, so they went to a 16mm instead. I think this is the case with another one, but I forget which. In any event, the elements survive for ALL of the shorts, so if Warner Brothers is indeed doing a restoration of them, we can expect them to look as good as they possibly can.

wizard55

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tyler
I'm also wondering what is going on with this. I heard the Ultimate superman set may not be happening, so the shorts will be restored and put on on "Super Man: The Movie" dvd and the new "Superman 2" dvd coming out.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
JoSAN,today in the mail ive recieved that new 2006 version youre talking about.Apart from the new drawing on the back, judging from 10 minutes that i watched its probably the same.It still has the dates in the beginning on the episodes.I dont know what the big deal is , it only lasts like 2 seconds.Its not like its there for the duration of the entire episodes.Havent watched these in years, but judging on the 10 minutes or so that i watched they looked fantastic ! Cant wait to get warners version of these, they look even better !

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Yup, menu is probably the same withe the big old S logo coming at you,with 3 episodes on each menu slots.Also, when you select an individual episode , you hear the old this looks like a job for superman.Keep in mind that this is the only version i have owned of the diamond collection, so im comparing it to the older 1, strictly by what ive read in this thread and other threads on the internet.It definitely is probably the same, it even has right before the first episode the small introduction about the superman cartoon history, which was also on the first release.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Ive noticed that on the upcoming superman 2 special edition, that besides the fleischer toons, it will include a featurette called first flight about the classic superman cartoons.I wonder what exactly this is.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
My superman 2, 3 disc edition from region 2 ships today ! This set has the final 8 superman cartoons on it , plus the featurette on the classic superman cartoons called first flight.Ill give you my thoughts on it when i recieve it, hopefully by friday the 17th.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
With Warner Brothers finally releasing the Max Fleischer Superman cartoons in a separate release on April 7th, will this finally dethrone the Diamond Anniversary Edition as the set to buy? I remember reading that there were problems with the WB shorts on the Superman Ultimate set.

Your thoughts?

Porfirio

Second Unit
What problems were those? I never got around to watching the shorts, just Superman 1-2 (Donner cut) & Returns.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
The Christopher Reeve Superman Collection, consisting of the two-disc special editions of his four films, is currently on sale at Costco for $16.99.

The Fleischer restorations look great to me. Sometimes the color is unexpected. I'm going to keep the Diamond Anniversary Edition anyhow, as a contrast to the restoration. I welcome an individual release of the restorations but I wish they had done it sooner. I bought the Christopher Reeve Superman Collection when it was a lot more expensive to get Reeve's first film and the Fleischer cartoons. I dislike Superman 2 and I didn't care about the rest.

monks19

Auditioning
Real Name
Michel Rivest
hi, any news about the warner realease ? especially if those dumb asses have corrected the glitches and other mistakes that the former release (complete superman collection) have ?

thanks to answer

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks