What's new

Fleischer Superman DVD question (1 Viewer)

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
Would superimposing the date really do anything to deter people from ripping off Image/Bosko's transfers? I was under the impression that transfers of non-copyrighted works are not eligible for protection unless they contain "significant creative work" (colorization, for example), and I kinda doubt superimposing the date of release for two seconds would qualify. But then I'm no lawyer.

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
That sounds pretty good...although, without access to WB's original materials, they still won't be as good as they COULD be. I really hope WB has plans for these cartoons in the pipeline!

By the way, the superimposed dates were on the Bosko VHS edition, and the same master was used for the DVD. If you look closely you can see tape dropouts every great once in a while.

Sorry about the duplicate posts...the board was acting up earlier. I wish there was an option to delete these things.

Random Hero

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
I'm waiting on a review of this new set, too. I want to get the full Superman collection and want to get the best version.

Roger Rollins

Supporting Actor
Don't bother with either. Warner announced on the TV/ANIMATION chat tonight that the restored cartoons (from their original negs, I assume, since THEY own them) will be released this fall as part of the big SUPERMAN boxed set at year's end.

Random Hero

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul

They'll be in that huge 14-disc set? That's great news. All the more reason for me to start saving for it. Thanks, Roger.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I'm still hanging on to my Diamond Anniversary Collection because it's nice to have a single seperate disc to turn to as well. I can't wait to see how the resrtored cartoons look though!

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
Actually, they said they would be "remastered", not "restored". We ran into this same problem with the Tom and Jerry box set, so I'm not entirely getting my hopes up yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks