What's new

"Fleischer Classics featuring Gulliver's Travels" (1939) coming to Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Got mine today, and they're very nice indeed. Thank you, Thunderbean. Looking forward to the film!

nealg

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Neal
OK. Mine came today. Pretty neat. I've never owned any 35mm motion picture film before. I got it with my 2 1/2 year old daughter in mind, so when she's old enough I can show her the movie and then say "look, this is what a movie used to be!"

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Came home from work with a surprise in the mail, the film strips and the letter that came with it, looking forward to the month of November a whole lot more now.

Thanks

and if Steve from Thunderbean is reading the thread, I wish you could work something out for Mr. Bug or possibly the other betty boops that Olive is overlooking.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Got my strips. Both are from night scenes, so I need to hold them up to a strong light. But, unlike probably 90% of you on this forum, I have never even touched 35mm film before, so this is kind of a thrill. I might look into buying a picture frame from somewhere that is lit from behind so that the art is visible on my wall.

I enjoy this film despite its numerous flaws (the songs are insipid, many of the characters insufferable, Gulliver himself is as boring as a drill bit). The colors and detail brought out by the Thunderbean DVD release amazed me, having seen only crappy PD prints in the past. The Blu-ray of this is going to be a stunner. I would recommend to any of you who have not yet ordered this to do so with great haste.

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
I got mine today.
Special thank you to Steve & Thunderbean for going to the trouble and expense of sending them all the way to OZ.
They were nicely packed and accompanied by a very courteous letter.

gulliver2.jpg
gulliver1.jpg

Doug.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks