1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Flat screen or HDTV messing up lightgun?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Jacqueline C, Mar 26, 2003.

1. Jacqueline C

Jacqueline C Active Member

I bought a new Panasonic television (model CT36HX42F)which has a flat screen and is HDTV ready although I don't have the special receiver yet. I have several Guncon games, and Guncons, Guncon2's as well as aftermarket lightguns. They all worked with my old tv. Now I can't Calibrate any of the guns. The guncon, which I can't recalibrate, shoots about a foot to the right of where I aim and the other guns don't hit anything at all. Anybody have this problem? Does this mean that modern tv's can't play lightgun games?

2. John-Miles

John-Miles Well-Known Member

I believe the line doubler in your HDTV is what is causing the problems, ask in the video game secions for the names of some good guns that will work with a line doubler.

3. Jacqueline C

Jacqueline C Active Member

Is the line doubler in play even though the tv does not have the special HDTV reciever yet?

4. John Royster

John Royster Well-Known Member

I believe the line doubler does mess up light guns. Most all HDTVs that I know of will take a 480i signal (called standard defintion, TV, video games, etc) and turn it into 480p, 540p, 1080i, 720p, etc.

You may want to search the video game forum as I've read about this quite a few times.

5. John-Miles

John-Miles Well-Known Member

Yes the line doubler is active even without a HD source, actually i think its only disabled with a HD source.