What's new

Flash Gordon Season One Discussion (1 Viewer)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I'm shocked there wasn't a thread for the show already, considering it premieres this Friday night (8/10). Anyone have last minute thoughts?

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I'll have to check it out but I'm not holding my Breath on how good it will be, this has great potential to Suck. Ming is now Just Ming, not Ming the Merciless. And When Whitney bought it I was'nt crying so having the Eric playing Flash does'nt thrill me, but I guess he looks ok. Will the Ship be Penis Shaped?

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

Could'nt be worse I could only make it thru the 1st episode of that abomination, trouble is most of Sci Fi's Shows Scream "Canadian"

sethgardner

Auditioning
Real Name
Seth Gardner

Umm, I didn't even know there was a first season. I saw the movie as a kid and that's it. Is it a new series or something old that came out on dvd?

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Post #4, my friend. New series. Starts tomorrow night on Sci Fi, 9 pm. 90 minute opener, hour long episodes. Picked up for a full 22 episodes. :)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'll give it a try, but I'm guessing since my Flash Gordon is Buster Crabbe far more than Sam Jones, it probably won't offer me much.

Heh. I wonder if it's a bad omen that one of the actress's last name is Cliche.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I watch Dr. Who, so i guess i will stick around after that. Doesnt look to promising. I guess it cant be worse than Tremors. I do like Doctor Who, and Galactica. We only have 6 more months to wait for more Galactica! Thats about it for Sci-Fi, been slim since they ditched Farscape.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
I'll be checking this out tonight - I'm a big fan of SciFi's original programming generally, and I'm hoping for another good contemporary update of a classic series/property (a la BSG).

I will also be very shallow and admit that I like that kid from Smallville quite a bit. :)

I saw some footage from the SciFi digital press tour and the cast seemed very likeable and into getting the chance to make the series.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
The way I figure it, "Karen Cliche" (pronounced kleesh) is a good-news/bad-news indicator: She's got an uncanny knack for being cast in bad Canadian-produced shows, but she's generally one of the best things in them. It's like she's not quite good enough to make the big leagues, but she's better than everyone else in triple-A.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
To be honest, the promos make the show look a little too serious and gritty for my tastes. Give me Sam J. Jones and Max Von Sydow any day!

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
It's Summer and I want a light hearted romp through the Universe.
I want laser beams and spaceships and weird aliens.

I'm invested in BSG, so I keep watching it, but I don't need another drama.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks