What's new

Flash Gordon re-release is coming..... (1 Viewer)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
i don't think anything will be able to beat the packaging on the French CE, but i gotta say i hope Universal patterns their jacket art after the Momentum one- that looks great!

i also expect this closer to the end of the year- probablylate Nov early Dec.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Word has it that this film just missed a spot in the upcoming Universal Legacy Collection series. "The Deer Hunter" edged it out by a slim margin. ;)

Universal will still be releasing it shortly.

Or I'll kill them.

A-ahhhh!

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
I have both the french and the english R2's. The subtitles annoyed the HELL out of me on the french so I bought the UK version. Same video transfer but no 5.1. :frowning:

Kain_C

Screenwriter
It'd be hilarious if he intentionally started talking in a low voice on the commentary, then you turn it up, and suddenly he yells as loudly as he can, "DIVE!!".

Anyway, this DVD is as good as mine. Many fond memories of watching this as a kid.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou

What another one? ;)

Zarkov: We are only interested in friendship. Why do you attack us?

Ming: Why not? Pathetic earthlings. Hurling your bodies out into the void, without the slightest inkling of who or what is out here. If you had known anything about the true nature of the universe, anything at all, you would've hidden from it in terror.

Dale: Flash, I love you, but we only have fourteen hours to save the Earth!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

This is the R2 version. There is no R1 version that has been announced - that's what I am anxious for.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Since Universal is slowly getting around to re-releasing all of the former Image licensed titles they will get to this eventually....barebones most likely* but most of the Image re-releases they have put out look pretty damn good so at the very least it will get a decent transfer unlike the horrible EE pixilated artifact riddled garbage that the Image release featured.

*On the other hand they did give SE treatments to both Silent Running and Cat People so I suppose it is possible that we could get more than just barebones.

HarryB

Auditioning
On the subject of Sam Jones' voice being dubbed over for the movie...and I may be quite wrong...but I always assumed that it was to have a more neutral sounding voice. Didn't Sam have a pretty thick southern accent in his younger days? He still seems to have a slight trace of it. I though they just didn't want the drawl. Or am I full of it?

Colton

Supporting Actor
Oops! Yeah, I meant Region 1 (USA). Hope we see it released before the end of this year.

- Colton

Joseph Burns

Stunt Coordinator
Any idea when we can expect the R1? Before Chrismas, I hope :D
Impatient, ME?

I, too held off on the earlier, bare bones release. Now I want it so bad I'll stick my hand in the Arborean stump to get it!

Attention all wedding guests. The weapons of the City of Mongo are being fired.. in a continual salute.. to his Majesty's.. wedding.

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks