What's new

Flash Gordon - how long must we wait? (1 Viewer)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
WOW, easter egg?!?!? I own this already. How do you find the easter egg for the animated trailer?
I liked that version as well...

Thanx, D

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Why would universal hold back the commentary? Every disc has that disclaimer indemnifying the studio against lawsuits dreived from commentaries and bonus materials. No to mention that political comments are very hard to prove as slander. He has a right to his opinion.

If I were to make a guess on what's holding this release up--money. It's always about money, usually someone wanting more and someone not wanting to pay it.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
a software dealer in another forum has said that Universal is in the process of remastering this now and it will see a release in the fall.

Universal no doubt wants to coincide with the big SW blitz (although if i were them i would release a title like this a little earlier to siphon off some of the anxious buyers who are chomping at the bit to pick up SW and would lay down for something like this to hold them off a little).

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Maybe this new news will lead to good news:

Apparently director Stephen Sommers (Deep Rising, Van Helsing both Mummy movies) is preparing to produce (and/or direct) a Flash Gordon movie for Universal.

Source: IGN Filmforce

If this rumor/report is accurate, I guess we can expect that Flash Gordon (1980) SE when this new version hits theaters. So like 14 months, minimum. :frowning:

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I love the version of Flash's Theme that Tenacious D preforms on their DVD...

FLASH! AHHHHHHH.. Saviour of the universe!

..No one but the pure of heart can find the fuckin holy grail ohhh fuckin Flaaash!
:D

Well I have the second version of the Image release and I'm advising anyone who wants to grab it off of E-Bay for anything more than $5...DON'T! It is a HORRIBLE transfer with insane amounts of noise and edge enhancement, really nasty.

Nkosi

Stunt Coordinator
Great movie. I have the Region 1 out of print DVD as well as the Queen soundtrack on vinyl.

I was fortunate to win the dvd off ebay. Advice, just follow various ebay auctions. I was initially outbid on an auction that actually went pretty high ($) only to finally win another one a week later at an amazing sub $20 price.

Just try and be persistent. It can work.

However, like most people I'd love for a re-release Region 1 with 5.1 sound, a new transfer, extras, etc. Keeping my fingers crossed on this one.

Ric Bagoly

Senior HTF Member
"We are delighted to hear this. Fall on your sword."

Forget the features, commentary, etc. Just give me this in anamorphic 5.1 and I'll be as happy as a pig in shit. :D

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
didn't Lorenzo Semple do the screenplay here?
i remember for the longest time how this film was dismissed as crap (probably because it came out in the hay-day of the Star Wars films which were more...reverent? definitely more self serious).
this film was like the red headed stepchild, or lone white kid kid in the all black school.

glad to see its getting the affection it deserves.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Yeah, ever since 1980 I've been trying to explain to the critics who say that it is crass & unintentionally funny that this film is and always was intended to be a campy farce, a parody. Even when I show them the filmmakers Starlog interviews from that time where that actually come out & say it bluntly...they still don't buy it!

...I guess it is more fun to put it down with a spirit of snide superiority then to discover that they may have just seen it in the wrong context.

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
well, word is that a major studio plans on remaking it--so I'd expect a big SE right around the time the remake gets released.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Mine, mine, mine, MINE!!! :D (Assuming it does get released)

And if they include the "Flash" video clip, that'd be great. Hardly Queen's most visually creative video, like they did for Radio Ga Ga), but pretty cool nonetheless.

AlexCosmo

Stunt Coordinator
For some reason, poor Sam J Jones had most of his dialogue dubbed by the worst voice actor ever. I wonder if an alternate track with the actual voice could be included, either salvaged from existing stuff, or even have him come in and do it now. Unless he's too busy.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Oscar, I have both the UK and French version, and although the French has 5.1, it has non-removable english subtitles, (at least on mine and most players...) and it gets distracting. I watch the UK version usually.
The French does come with the soundtrack CD and sweet packaqing though....
:) D

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
which studio is going to make the remake of FG?
I have the perfect cast for a new remake.. it doesn;t include owen wilson or johnny depp (both would be terible as FG).

JACOB

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks